Pages: 1

X1 Modem: No Transmitt CW

(Read 2463 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Apr 10th, 2014 at 4:10am  
I found no transmit CW of the X1.
I use 3.7 M antenna and BUC 2 Watt.
Beforehand, I had already checked the transmit CW using a spectrum analyser and it did appear.
I also had already tried to add the X1 remote (in iBuilder) but it couldn’t join in whereas I had set the configuration as same as the other existing X1 remote.
Please help me  Undecided 

IP Logged

fluffymassive
★★★

SA. Australia
Reply #1 - Apr 10th, 2014 at 8:25am  
Hi,
When you said you checked the CW with the spec an, how did you do this?

Did you connect the Spec an directly to the transmit port of the modem?

I have not used that many X1 modems, but from what I can understand below the remote is not coming into the network. Have you tried to check your CW carrier with the satellite operator? If you can not see the CW, go and check to make sure that there is DC on the tx cable, make sure the cables are connected properly and confirm BUC LO is correct.

If you can see the CW, and it is just not acquiring into the network, get the network operator to see if that are seeing bursts from the modem, also to make sure that it is activated, and the BUC is the correct size for your inroute/footprint.

Good luck.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Apr 10th, 2014 at 9:21am  
First, thanks a lot for the reply.

When I used an spectrum analyser to see the transmit CW and I had found it.
But when I had ever tried connecting the X1 to BUC 2 watt (using antenna 3.7 m), the Satellite Operator confirmed me that they found no transmit CW on frequency I had set. I had ever tried to replace the antenna with the smaller size, replacing the cable, and also replacing the BUC with 3 watt and 5 Watt, but it's not working.
I also try to configure the remote as same as the other remote using X1, in iBuilder, but the remote can't be applied; can't join tothe network.
Is the X1 broken?  Sad

IP Logged

Pages: 1