Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

iNetVu 7000 + G16

(Read 3731 times)
Dig
★★

Aug 28th, 2014 at 2:27pm  
Hello,

I have an iNetVu 7000 that I am trying to lock on G16 with and am not having any luck. I'm hoping someone might be able to share their controller settings with me.

What I have tried so far is:

FR(k): 951000
SB(k): 30000
RX: Vert
TX: Horiz

Thanks for your input!

IP Logged

Admin1
YaBB Admin
★★★★★

Reply #1 - Aug 28th, 2014 at 8:58pm  
I suggest you first determine the local oscillator (LO) frequency of your LNB. If it has more than one, then work out how they are selected and which is being selected (volts / tone ?).  Learn about LNBs here: https://www.satsig.net/lnb/explanation-description-lnb.htm

Look in https://www.lyngsat.com/Galaxy-16.html and find a suitable big and reliable carrier with (for example) a 30000 ksps symbol rate.

Work out the L band frequency difference between the carrier frequency from the satellite and your LNB LO frequency.
e.g. HughesNet 11980 V plus a 10.75 GHz LO LNB.
11980 - 10750 MHz = 1230000 kHz

Enter this as your L band tuning frequency.

Your frequency of 951000 seems improbable to me since this is only 1 MHz above the bottom end of the L band tuner input.  If you are looking for a carrier approx 30 MHz wide then its centre will be more than 15 MHz higher than the band edge. The receiver works from 950000 - 2150000 kHz.

Do the calculation for your wanted carrier.

Best regards, Eric.
« Last Edit: Nov 17th, 2014 at 10:59am by Admin1 »  
IP Logged

Dig
★★

Reply #2 - Aug 28th, 2014 at 10:31pm  
Thanks Eric,

Your reply makes total sense.

I was using 951 because I misunderstood its use. Its the beacon frequency but not a DVB carrier. So my question is now, does anyone know a current working DVB carrier on G16? I am vertical receive and have tried many of the frequencies from lyngsat including:

But I have not been able to get a lock yet.

Thanks again!

IP Logged

Admin1
YaBB Admin
★★★★★

Reply #3 - Aug 29th, 2014 at 12:03pm  
Some thoughts..

You are fixed pointed at some other satellite - so it won't lock regardless of tuning to GX-16 carriers.
What is your LNB local oscillator frequency ?
What polarisation is set ?
Is the LNB powered ON ?
Is everything connected together correctly ?

What are the actual antenna az, el and pol tilt ?
Do they match up with a manual calculation of az, el and pol tilt for your location ? Ref: https://www.satsig.net/maps/satellite-tv-dish-pointing-usa.htm (I'm guessing you might be in the US/Canada)
Has the iNetVu got your lat/long location correct ?  Is the GPS antenna connected ?  Can the GPS antenna see the sky ?
Have you actually told the  iNetVu to find Galaxy 16 ?  Does it know that Galaxy 16 is at 99 west orbit position ?

The dish should first go to the approx satellite position, based on lat/long/orbit position/compass and then search with small movements, till it finds the satellite, which it will recognise using the L band carrier frequency/symbol rate/polarisation that you configure. If any of these are wrong it will fail.

I note that "The auto deploy antenna can be activated with the simple push of a button or with click of the mouse"
However reading the manual (see reference link above) it is clear that quite significant skills, knowledge and C-COM certification are needed to do the set up and configuration.

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

Pages: 1