Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Input Voltage range for PV-powered X1-OUTDOOR

(Read 2196 times)
chriswlan
★★

Sep 29th, 2014 at 5:31am  
Just spent like hours looking for this...

Anybody knows where to find *DETAILED* specs on the DC power supplies options? Are they included in the modem price, in place of the std AC wall wart.

1=does the modem box itself require a very accurate 24VDC?

2=does idirect supply a DC PSU that can take say 11-16VDC on the input, as would be supplied by a battery system? (or 22-32...)

I cna find plenty of boasts re "battery powered" etc, but not a single voltage number!

Thank you

Christian

IP Logged

Admin1
YaBB Admin
★★★★★

Reply #1 - Sep 29th, 2014 at 8:13am  
This helps a bit:
https://www.idirect.net/~/media/Files/Spec%20Sheets/SPEC-SHEET-X1-Outdoor.ashx

It says:
"Input Voltage 100-240 VAC to 24 VDC; 12-36 VDC to 24 VDC; ±36-76 VDC (±48 VDC nominal) to 24 VDC"
I don't quite understand this "to 24VDC".

I suggest you contact iDirect and ask about power supply options and the acceptable input volts ranges.
Find out about the exact hardware needed. Do the options refer to different models of the X1 or are they referring to optional external PSU units ?
I would also ask about current taken.  If the current waveform taken varies during operation, due to the transmit bursts or at much higher pulse frequency of the internal switch mode PSU then it would help to know.
My experience of outdoor equipment powered by DC is that it helps to use the higher voltages and thus lower resistance losses in the cable.

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

Pages: 1