Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Remote reset for Low Memory

(Read 12414 times)
Hipolito Gonzalez
★★★

Spain
Feb 26th, 2016 at 12:09pm  
When I use my ViaSat modem so much in my Tooway service, I got always a: Low on memory

The way to solve it, is making a hard reset (unplug and plug again)

In my house, I can do it (but if somebody is sleeping in the room where is the modem, I can't do it).

But is there a way to make a reset using commands/web page?

I have another sat service providing service to some house in a isolate area. When the modem hangs with low on memory, I need to drive 60 km to reset it.

It would be amazing if I can program a command from the router for resetting the modem, or even, in my house, If the room is busy, I could reset the modem with a command line from a computer outside the room.

Does exist a way for doing that?

PD: Here a picture, just 2 days using the modem (from the last hard reset) and again, Low on memory......

...   ...
WWW | MSN | Skype/VoIP | ICQ | YIM  
IP Logged

Admin1
YaBB Admin
★★★★★

Reply #1 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 2:04pm  
You can get remote control mains power sockets with control via GSM phone or WiFi. Does GSM coverage apply ?

Something like this might do the trick:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Orvibo-Automation-Remote-Control-Smartphone-white/dp/B0...

Another idea. Consider a mains timer switch that turns the modem off for 10 minutes every 24 hours at say 2am. If the modem locked up at least it you would know it would reset at the next 2:10am.
Best regards, Eric

* image in above message modified by admin *
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2016 at 4:25pm by Admin1 »  
IP Logged

Hipolito Gonzalez
★★★

Spain
Reply #2 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 3:29pm  
Hello my friend. Thank you for your reply.

1.- You idea about the remote plug (I didn't know it) is great. But, is is not GSM, is Wireless device for 802.11b/g/n. I need to setup a router just for it, and.... if the Modem hangs, I won't be able to enter in it, andddddd hahaha, does it need open ports?

2.- I used the timer plugs, but the power fails many times in that areas and the clock is moving from 3 o clock to, 1 o clock (if the power fail 2 hours) and in 5 or 6 days, the shutdown will be at 5 pm..... Do you understand me?

Thank you a lot

Since I post this, In my house, three time with low memory and 2 times in the remote area..... 5 manual reset....

...   ...
WWW | MSN | Skype/VoIP | ICQ | YIM  
IP Logged

Pages: 1