Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

iSite antenna pointing problems

(Read 9067 times)
valdemiro
★★

Jan 12th, 2010 at 6:15pm  
Hello,
I am having problems with the antenna pointing with the iSite. When I open the application it is suppose to have at least a red line in the button but I do not receive any signal. I tried different modem, laptop, disable the firewall, download the iSite program and the package to the modem again with the same results. I most of the time work with the tech on the field and I know tow cases that the technician have the same issue but I did not pay attention and follow-up as the problem was different.  If anyone know what could be the problem please let me know.

IP Logged

valdemiro
★★

Reply #1 - Jan 13th, 2010 at 1:57am  
Just test from my desktop at home and works. The problems must be a setting on the laptop. If someone know how what is the problem please let my know

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #2 - Jan 13th, 2010 at 9:20am  
Check IP address and subnet mask.

Use one, directly connected, ethernet cable.  Avoid router, switch, hub etc in between.

Check ethernet cable plugs for physical damage. Sometimes the ridges between the gold contacts get crushed and stop the springs going down.

Check use of straight or crossed over ethernet cable.  Some PCs auto negiotiate, some don't.

Check speed 10 or 100 Mbit/s ?

Can you ping the modem ?

Best regards, Eric

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jan 13th, 2010 at 11:31am  
In addition to Erics guidance above, ensure your iSite software matches the software (iDS/iDX) that resides on the modem.  Down to the digit...
« Last Edit: Jan 15th, 2010 at 7:08pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

valdemiro
★★

Reply #4 - Jan 13th, 2010 at 12:56pm  
Thanks Mike, I think I was not so clear. I have connection thru the iSite and everything is working including crosspol test, the problem is with the Antenna pointing application it open up but do not get any signal, with no signal or nothing connected it is suppose to get at least a red line on the button, last night I tried with my desktop and works. I also tried a modem receiving ok and nothing was show in the volts level.

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #5 - Jan 13th, 2010 at 3:14pm  
Is the subnet mask correct ?

If the measurement value packets arrive via broadcast packet mode then the last IP address implied by the subnet mask matters.

Best regards, Eric.
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2010 at 5:12pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jan 15th, 2010 at 7:08pm  
Quote:
Thanks Mike, I think I was not so clear. I have connection thru the iSite and everything is working including crosspol test, the problem is with the Antenna pointing application it open up but do not get any signal, with no signal or nothing connected it is suppose to get at least a red line on the button, last night I tried with my desktop and works. I also tried a modem receiving ok and nothing was show in the volts level.
XP or Vista?

IP Logged

yazzdan
★★

Reply #7 - Jan 20th, 2010 at 6:00am  
Dear valdemiro,

is your Tx Cable is connected to your i Direct Modem ??? when you do Antenna Pointing .

Regards,&&Syed Irfan Hasan&&iDirect & VSAT Engineer
IP Logged

valdemiro
★★

Reply #8 - Jan 21st, 2010 at 4:53pm  
The problem is not with the subnet either, I am using XP and the laptop and is from my company, last week I used the program with a laptop from one of our contractor and I give him the program and the cables and work ok but not with my but I cannot said that is my laptop because I tried three laptops from my company and have the same issue but also in the past this issue happened to two technician in the field. I think is a setting in the PC but I do not know what it could be.

IP Logged

tunde300us
★★★

Reply #9 - Jan 24th, 2010 at 7:30pm  
Do a telnet to the modem and use the isite to run an alignment test,am sure u will see readings on ur telnet page as initiated from the isite.But really i think ur prob is the subnet cos i have seen such b4

IP Logged

★★

Reply #10 - Jan 29th, 2010 at 8:57am  
Don't Disable Windows Firewall, Add iSite on Windows Firewall Exceptions.

Regards.

YIM  
IP Logged

DeanFM
★★

Reply #11 - Feb 6th, 2010 at 2:53pm  
I experienced this sometimes, and it's all about the firewall in my laptop.usually, i can not also see the settings and statistic view.

IP Logged

valdemiro
★★

Reply #12 - Feb 10th, 2010 at 9:13pm  
1505, DeanFM, Thanks for the information, I add the iSite to the windows firewall and work ok. Disabling the firewall as I did before did not work.
Thanks!!!

IP Logged

Pages: 1