Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Wireless or Satellite internet in Myanmar ( Burma

(Read 4382 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Oct 5th, 2006 at 5:32am  
Anyone knows the Wireless or Satellite internet in Myanmar? Please discuss here.
I am trying to do the wireless internet in Burma, Myanmar. Any information will very helpful likes Satellite rentals, backbone rentals, Eqipments, government laws and so on.
Thanks,

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #1 - Oct 6th, 2006 at 7:13pm  
See here:
https://www.satsig.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=ivsat-asia;action=display;num=...

In Sept 2005 someone said that Satellite connections were illegal in Myanmar.  This may well still be the case.

For the benefit of those trying to free VSATs from restrictive licencing and legal conditions the following will be of interest:

The Global VSAT Forum ( GVF ) was formed by the international satellite industry to serve as a means by which VSAT liberalisation would be encouraged, facilitated and implemented.

As such, GVF member companies use the association to drive positive change, and it has been effective on many occasions.

Any organisation with this interest is encouraged to join GVF - it costs only $3000 per year - and to begin using the association to promote a successful outcome in Myanmar and elsewhere throughout the world.

There are other benefits of membership, including promotions, market intelligence and more.

I can't afford the $3000 myself but if you are interested please read here in the first instance https://www.gvf.org/gvf/goals/index.cfm

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

Maxim Usatov
★★★

Czech Republic
Reply #2 - Oct 9th, 2006 at 10:02pm  
We would be very glad to help you out with a very efficient satellite backbone technology (superior to traditional SCPC and DVB circuits) and local bandwidth management solution for your project in Myanmar, Sir. We also partner with smartBridges to offer Wireless connectivity solutions and thus possibly we would be able to recommend a local smartBrdiges representative to you to discuss topics which are of interest to you.

Please contact me off the list.

IP Logged

tytjohnny
★★

Reply #3 - Mar 21st, 2007 at 7:03am  
I sent u an email. please kindly check.

regards,
Johnny

WWW | YIM  
IP Logged

Pages: 1