Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Idirect 3100 ixp425 eth Error

(Read 5291 times)
wintaiwo
★★

Nov 4th, 2008 at 11:01am  
Hi Everyone,

I have a Idirect 3100 series remote, my ISP sent me a opt file to upload into the remote however after the upload which was successful I couldnt have access to  the remote via isite or telnet. I logged into the console and this was the error shown:

ixp425_eth: error reading MII reg 0 on Phy1
ixp425_eth: error reading MII reg 0 on Phy2
ixp425_eth: error reading MII reg 0 on Phy3
ixp425_eth: error reading MII reg 0 on Phy4
ixp425_eth: error reading MII reg 0 on Phy5
ixp425_eth: error reading MII reg 0 on Phy6
ixp425_eth: error reading MII reg 0 on Phy7

Pls could you assist pls?

Thanks for your time

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Nov 4th, 2008 at 12:09pm  
I have never seen that error.  Since you mentioned the ethernet interface is not accessible (which rules out iSite use and telnet use), what about console access?

You are probably going to require a new options file (a good options file) from your ISP.  There is no telling what they gave you to put in it.  Do you have a copy of it?

Additional Questions:
1. What iDS version is this? 
2. Did you load an image when you loaded your options file? 
3. Can you get to a (#) on console?
4. Do you have a copy of WinSCP?

IP Logged

wintaiwo
★★

Reply #2 - Nov 5th, 2008 at 10:23am  
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the quick response.

The remote is a iDirect 3000.
The Image on the remote before the opt from my ISP was uploaded to the remote is Ver 6.0.9.4
I have a backup copy of the opt file from my ISP.
I also have the WinSCP software.

Thanks for your time.

IP Logged

wintaiwo
★★

Reply #3 - Nov 5th, 2008 at 10:54am  
I have a (#) on the console too.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Nov 5th, 2008 at 12:05pm  
So, for clarification the only thing you have done is load an options file in the box and it died?  No software change?  Please advise....

Have you acquired a new opt from the ISP?  If so, save it to your desktop in notepad with a file name of falcon  It should have an extension and look like this: falcon.opt  (please ensure you do not name it falcon.opt.opt...only one extension please)

Open WinSCP and connect to your iDirect unit.  Navigate to the the /etc/idirect/falcon  

Once in that folder you should see the file falcon.opt in that directory.  

With WinSCP (in the left pane) navigate to your desktop and copy (or drag and drop)  the saved desktop file falcon.opt into the etc/idirect/falcon folder (right pane) and overwrite the existing falcon.opt

Once you perform the above, restart the iDirect unit  

IP Logged

Scout
★★★

Reply #5 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 10:24am  
Perhaps you could open the options file they sent you in notepad and copy the top section for me to look at on here. 

looking at the error, it appears to be reporting that Ethernet interfaces 1 through 7 are missing, which of course on a 3xxx series they are. those interfaces are on a 5xxx or 7xxx modem.

perhaps review the options file with the hub operator, give them the model number from the rear of the modem.  make sure it matches what they built.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 11:54am  
Quote:
Perhaps you could open the options file they sent you in notepad and copy the top section for me to look at on here.  

I agree with Scout, I think he is on the right track with the (potentially) mis-matched model type.  Which is why those switch ports are being reported.  

Can the thread orginator cut and paste the top few blocks from the opt into the forum?  Blanking out the IPs is perfectly fine and recommended.

IP Logged

TTnC_pyr8
★★

Reply #7 - Nov 19th, 2008 at 7:05pm  
I agree with scout, i have loaded an opt file for a 5000 or higher series on a 3000s and lower modem and get those exact errors, since your lan ports will be dead, you can console in and copy the new 3000 series opt file into the falcon.opt and you will be all good to go. If you can't get the opt file from the provider, just google for otp files and you will find plent of 3000 series opt files floating around the web. Just copy that into the falcon.opt file and it will allow you fix the modem, and it will reactive your lan port. Then you can use isite like normal.

Innate RF Trickery

IP Logged

Pages: 1