Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Terminal Rx Unlocked

(Read 4084 times)
smlt_vsat
★★★

Nov 10th, 2008 at 6:55am  

Hi

Suddenly all the terminals in an inroute goes down and found that Modems could not lock thier Rx path . After restrating modem (hard reset) , it became ok
what could be the possible reason for this failure.

Smlt

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Nov 10th, 2008 at 12:24pm  
Quote:
Hi

Suddenly all the terminals in an inroute goes down and found that Modems could not lock thier Rx path . After restrating modem (hard reset) , it became ok
what could be the possible reason for this failure.

Smlt

Question: After (hard) restarting a single modem they came up?  Or the Hub Line card?

IP Logged

smlt_vsat
★★★

Reply #2 - Nov 10th, 2008 at 7:41pm  

Hi

After Hard reset it came up

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Nov 10th, 2008 at 11:10pm  
I am confused. 

All of the modems in your inroute group when down.  Did you reset the line card, or the remote(s)? 

I am assuming that if all of your remotes were down, the line card was reset, since that carrier is common to all the remotes?

IP Logged

smlt_vsat
★★★

Reply #4 - Nov 12th, 2008 at 7:29am  

Dear

We did reset the line card but didnt came up but eventually after reset the modems from remote it worked . Last two days looks normal.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Nov 12th, 2008 at 11:35am  
Got it. 

I dont have enough information to even take an educated guess at this point.  Considering that this issue has only happened once, at this point I would just keep everything under observation.

IP Logged

smlt_vsat
★★★

Reply #6 - Dec 21st, 2008 at 9:04am  
Hi

For your above question .. The Line card was not resetted which made the remote to loose connection. I have tried to move the carrier (outbound) but i can see the terminal takes more time to lock RX as previous carrier , So next thing i have to see by changing the MIDI card . Right now i dont have spare but within days i ll receive it . I have moved this terminals to another slot/outbound as a test and i can see that everything working fine , remotes immediately locked to the downstream carrier . so probaly line card has some problem . but what i dont know . The remotes in this inroute is never exceeded .

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jan 7th, 2009 at 10:43am  
Hi ALL,

can someone tell me how to unlock a rx locked of the iDirects,

Please note: i don't mean the passport, i mean some providers lock the idirects by restircting so other providers can use them, and it makes them useless, please advice,

when you telnet to idirect,   rxlock,   ( it says "locked")

best Regards, SAT-Support,

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jan 7th, 2009 at 12:04pm  
I would suggest starting with the ISP who manages the hub that terminates/admins that remote.  If the bill is paid in-full and the contract is able to be terminated, then they will probably unlock it for you with no questions asked (without having to contact the iDirect TAC..who will just point you back to your ISP anyway).

IP Logged

hashmat
★★

Reply #9 - Jan 10th, 2009 at 6:14am  
Hello,

the Idirect modem wont be un locked unless the ISP who has set the lock or Idirect company would unlock it for you.

the easiest way would be u contact your ISP to unlock the modem,

Regards
Hashmat

IP Logged

Pages: 1