Advertisment: Broadband via satellite
Advertisment: Worldwide satellite services from Ground Control Company

www.satsig.net

Satellite Internet Forum.

Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

recovering admin password from option file???

(Read 6251 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Apr 18th, 2009 at 1:50pm  
hiii guys

i have idirect 3100 modem when i open the option file there is a section titled security with the following data:

[SECURITY]
     password = $idi2$.PLcU.$2...
     admin_password = $idi2$.E6...

is that the admin password and  how to recover it

it is encrypted or hashed

the reason behind this is that my provider give me a user account which i can't use it align antenna

i want to change to express w3 so this will help me alot

i read the article about reset modem pssword is that mean it will give me a new admin password and what is the difference between root account and admin paccount does they have the same password

thank you in advance
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2009 at 1:58pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Apr 18th, 2009 at 2:17pm  
You cannot recover the admin password from falcon (the options file).  So your options are fairly limited and your dependency on your provider is significant.  

I would have your ISP provide you a new options file with a temp password.  That will at least allow you to point the system.  Once on the air, they can roll it back with a quick tcp push and 40 second reboot.
« Last Edit: Apr 18th, 2009 at 11:13pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Apr 18th, 2009 at 4:02pm  
thank you for response

so what is this :

password = $idi2$.PLcU....
admin_password = $idi2$.E...

can i change admin password from hyperterminal as described in this forum
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2009 at 1:58pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Apr 18th, 2009 at 11:11pm  
You can change the linux level password (for root).  However, the falcon password is set in iBuilder.

Changing the linux level (root) password wont do a whole lot for you, but it will allow you into linux (console) so you can cut and paste a new options file into /etc/idirect/falcon.  

---------------------

password = $idi2$.PLcU....
admin_password = $idi2$....

---------------------

Above is encrypted password
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2009 at 1:57pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

BalkanTelekom
★★

Reply #4 - Apr 20th, 2009 at 3:08pm  
Hi,

If you have the user password for that option file then just copy the encrypted string on the password  line to the admin password line and thats it. Admin pass = user pass

Have a nice day,

Balkan Telekom http://balkantelekom.net
uydu internet http://go2sat.net
IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Apr 21st, 2009 at 9:46am  
Quote:
Hi,

If you have the user password for that option file then just copy the encrypted string on the password  line to the admin password line and thats it. Admin pass = user pass

Have a nice day,

thank you

do you mean i can just subsitute the admin password value with my user password but how it's hashed as you see

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Apr 21st, 2009 at 9:49am  
Quote:
You can change the linux level password (for root).  However, the falcon password is set in iBuilder.

Changing the linux level (root) password wont do a whole lot for you, but it will allow you into linux (console) so you can cut and paste a new options file into /etc/idirect/falcon.  
---------------------

thank you for help

another question where the admin password is stored in idirect modem then as i understand it's not stored in option file?
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2009 at 1:59pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

BalkanTelekom
★★

Reply #7 - Apr 21st, 2009 at 11:48am  
Hi,

admin password for the falcon process (which you need while connecting via isite) stored in options file. It is in enrypted form, but if you have a password which you already know in encrypted form then you can copy and paste to mentioned line in the options file and it works.

Huseyin

Balkan Telekom http://balkantelekom.net
uydu internet http://go2sat.net
IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Apr 21st, 2009 at 12:23pm  
Quote:
Hi,

admin password for the falcon process (which you need while connecting via isite) stored in options file. It is in enrypted form, but if you have a password which you already know in encrypted form then you can copy and paste to mentioned line in the options file and it works.

Huseyin

Thank you in advance

i have now admin password for my idirect so i can  uplod option file from modem which contain this password hashed.........ok

my modem now not locked to any isp it's out of service now

next week i will take a service from isp so they will give me an opion file wich contain different admin password than mine. they will give me a user account password

as i understand from you iwill do the follwing

using user account i will upload the new option file from modem

then repalce the new hashed password with my old hashed password so i will have admin control on my modem is that right

do you think this make some problem to modem you know uploading option file then change the hashed password then upload the option file again to the modem
any conflect my happen

thank you

IP Logged

Pages: 1