Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Sat IP in Ecuador

(Read 4634 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Jan 7th, 2005 at 10:23pm  
I am looking for IP service in the rainforest of eastern Ecuador. Anyone have any advice as to best way to go about it. Best equipment, provider, value and performance for the money, etc?
Thanks, Paul.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Jan 22nd, 2005 at 7:15am  
Good luck... the tiputini station just got an NSF grant that includes funds to put in a satellite internet connection... maybe once they figure it out you can get info from them.

IP Logged

Andres Hammerman

Reply #2 - Feb 7th, 2005 at 6:15pm  
I too am wanting to install a VSAT system for my small Eco Lodgde high in the rural Andes... the Black Sheep Inn.  I have made contact with Alberto Guevera in Banos and with Gilat in Peru.  But so far, for the use that I want, it is not affordable.

I am still looking for more info about equipment and IP service providers.  I am willing to share the information I have collected so far. 

Best to send me an email at info@blacksheepinn.com

ciao
Andres

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 23rd, 2005 at 6:53am  
Paul, I think we are already talking (BlackSheepInn probably referred us) but this is what we are offering:  

758 Kbps X 256 Kbps (1:10 Ratio) (This means the bandwidth is shared much less, the average is 80:1)

1.5 Mbps X 768 Kbps (1:10 Ratio)

Equipment: (This includes Antenna, Modem, BUC, and everything else you need for satellite)

« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2005 at 5:10am by N/A »  

IP Logged

DIRECTLAT HOLDINGS

Reply #4 - Jul 25th, 2005 at 4:10am  
We have service in all South America with offices and distributors in ALL Central America and soon in all countries of South America.  We have more than 800 VSAT terminals installed in the region.  We have several installations to do this month in Ecuador so you might take advantage to share the installation travel costs with others to minimize your direct cost.  If you post you e-mails I can gladly send you a Quote for our equipment and bandwidth prices.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 2:34pm  
Wildsumaco is and ecotourism ldge on the east slope of the Andes near Loreto, Ecuador. We want satellite internet for our guests, and require data transfer for university collaborative projects, including uplinking photos. We want VoIP capability.

Please send an estimate of the cost of all hardware, installation costs etc. We would like a turn-key contract including a 12 month maintenance/servive contract.

Contact <jim@wildsumaco.com> or <payara@comcast.net>

Jim Olson
Wildsumaco Wildlife Sanctuary, S.A.

IP Logged

Pages: 1