Satellite Internet

Satellite Internet Forum.

Welcome, Guest.
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum. Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure. Both service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute. Register at the bottom of the forum home page if you wish to contribute or ask question. May 2018: GDPR: Updates to Privacy and Cookies policies: As you may know, a new EU data protection law called GDPR will apply from Friday 25th May 2018. As part of satsig's commitment to protecting the privacy of site visitors and forum members, I have therefore updated the Privacy and Cookie policies. There are now links leading to these policies: Disclaimer, Terms of Use and Privacy, Forum User Agreement, Forum Rules and Cookies at the bottom of the home page and all forum pages. Read the Forum rules.
      Satellite internet forum          
Pages: 1

Eugene Stewart or Gene Stewart

(Read 2096 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Apr 1st, 2008 at 9:32am  
Folks,

Has anybody ever heard of this guy? He has taken my money for a system, but so far failed to deliver.

Anybody had dealings with him before? I urge caution if you are contacted by this person. He replied to a message from this forum.

If you have, please let me know...

Thanks

iain

Story so far:

Had a message in response to my requirement for a satellite system for my cafe in Bohol.

Quote:

"Iain, I am a American living in Angeles City, Philippines. If you wish to contact me at 639093081280, call or text me. I can give you the information you need for the satellite internet in Cebu. Gene Stewart "

Seems to be available on phone numbers:

63-929-477-1717
63-909-308-1280

1-303-997-3123 (callcentrix)
1-970-373-0805

Using email address's:

gene.stewart@starband.net
gene_cliapm_org@grendel.gobigmedia.net

Has a bank account under:

Bank: Philippine National Bank, Angeles City Branch Account Name: Elvira and/or Eugene Stewart

When contacted, he offered me a system:

Quote:

"Iain, The required satellite equipment is as follows: 1. 1.2 meter antenna 2. 2 watt BUC 3. LNB 4. Linksys Satellite Modem Total Equipment Cost $1,595 Monthly bandwidth cost for 512 Kbps $199 If you want to use VoIP so you can have a telephone number in US, UK, wherever else for unlimited incoming and outgoing calls, with all custom calling features, you would need a router and a VoIP SIP telephone. If you want to have mobility with the phone, I would suggest a wireless router and VoIP phone combo.Depending on the features, the prices can range from $75 to over $300 for the pair. As far as installation goes, you pay my airfare ( 3,688 pesos ) and hotel there in Buhol. Respectfully, Gene Stewart USA 1-970-373-0805 Philippines 63-929-477-1717"

It seemed reasonable for what was being delivered. At some point he seemed to try and get more money, luckily I didn't go for it

Quote:

"Iain, I forgot about the monthly cost for the 512 K Internet. As I told you it is $199 per month, however if you want to pre-pay for one year it would be reduced to $2,148 annually, which is a savings of $240. Your option: 1. Satellite equipment & 1 month Internet 2. Satellite equipment & One year Internet Respectfully, Gene Stewart USA 1-970-373-0805 Philippines 63-929-477-1717 "

So far arranged two dates, which have both passed without any subsequent contact or follow up. Phone numbers seem to be off-line now.

Some further updates as Gene continues to promise, but not actually deliver.

Quote:

Iain,

I owe a personal apology to you. For the last two and a half weeks I have been out of touch with everybody. I had a personal health problem to deal with which was difficult for me.

Can I please reschedule your installation for April 15th. If you wish to cancel, I understand and will refund your money.

Regards,

Gene

To which I replied, that I could not trust him anymore, and to please refund the money.

Quote:

Iain,

This friday I will send you $2,000 via Western Union. As soon as it is sent, I will text you the control number.

Regards,
Gene

Needless to say no money ever got re-funded, and I am now talking to the Philippines NBI about criminal charges.

Watch this space!!!!!!

« Last Edit: May 6th, 2008 at 10:46am by N/A »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1