Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

iToolkit Vs Manual Scripting Query

(Read 10139 times)
sdanishsaleem
★★

Jul 27th, 2009 at 8:22am  
we have an iDirect hub with 300 clients , we want to integrate our hub with a billing system , so that if any of our client payment is over due its remote get deactivated automatically without having any human intervention. i talked to TAC and they suggest iToolkit , but is there any other way then using iToolkit ????????

IP Logged

Maxim Usatov
★★★

Czech Republic
Reply #1 - Jul 29th, 2009 at 6:55pm  
Well, you can write a set of perl scripts that would block/unblock certain IP ranges whenever billing event is triggered. I guess you can keep the NMS intact and work this through the routing level - should be possible.

PS: I can probably help with this when I get some spare time. Drop me an e-mail.

IP Logged

wbailey
★★★

Reply #2 - Aug 28th, 2009 at 5:32am  
Why are you even going this route. We don't really have this type of model, but have looked into it. We came to the conclusion the best way to attack this was a backend into your billing system, which generates dynamic SQL commands to flag the remote inactive. You have to remember, EVERYTHING happens in the NMS - so even if you deactive the remote, it'll still have an rx lock and wait to be commanded online.

I guess the next question is, what's cheaper and easier.. a list of customers and a guy with a mouse or a machine which does this automatically.

IP Logged

trebor
★★

Reply #3 - Aug 28th, 2009 at 7:37am  
wbailey: How do you automatically apply this configuration change to the correct network?

You could also trigger a configuration change in your upstream router. If it's Cisco it happens on fly. Actually you could redirect all the webtraffic from this remote/customer to a page telling about the overdue...

IP Logged

wbailey
★★★

Reply #4 - Aug 29th, 2009 at 9:54pm  
What do you think iBuilder is doing?? It's just a GUI which is sending sql commands. Anything you can do from iMon/iBuilder - you can do from the command line. And captive portals for billing work, but I wouldn't bother with that.. Chances are if they are overdue on a bill, they probably know about it Wink

IP Logged

fluffymassive
★★★

SA. Australia
Reply #5 - Oct 20th, 2009 at 2:08am  
Did you end up using iToolKit?

IP Logged

nynex_sat
★★

Reply #6 - Oct 25th, 2009 at 4:29pm  
Hi,
we worked out in the last years a workable web based system which interacts with all iDirect NMS versions with many features: Google MAPs, Traffic Graphs, Terminal activation. We have many features integrated which are not available from iDirect at the moment.

Best Regards, Andreas Buxbaum

« Last Edit: Oct 26th, 2009 at 3:46pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

fluffymassive
★★★

SA. Australia
Reply #7 - Oct 27th, 2009 at 11:20pm  
hi nynex_sat,

How did you end up doing this? PHP with SQL?

We are stuck using the iToolKit. I think once we get it up and going we should be fine.
I have also added the google maps code. Just have to give it a crack and see if i can get it to work.
Do you have a URL for me to look at how you implemented the interface? Or maybe a screen shot if it is all confidential?

Cheers,

IP Logged

Thailand_Lee
★★

Reply #8 - Dec 4th, 2009 at 6:40am  
Has anybody had any success implementing a captive portal system. Where the clients are told via a webpage that they are cut off?

For example, client tries to get google but gets to page that says their account is in arrears etc..

Lee

IP Logged

fluffymassive
★★★

SA. Australia
Reply #9 - Dec 7th, 2009 at 2:30am  
Thats a good idea Thailand_Lee.

Would you need a system like a radius server to perform all the checking though?? not sure. would like to see how you go with this.

IP Logged

wbailey
★★★

Reply #10 - Dec 9th, 2009 at 11:45am  
There is a product out there which works quite well with iDirect for captive portal and billing (backend OSS) called "Pronto".. When I talked to my iDirect guys a few weeks ago, that is the only product which has been successfully implemented as of yet on an iDirect network. The good part about that though, is they understand and are able to implement pretty quckly.

As far as the web based gui - I would really dig seeing that. I had a look at a fellow service providers web based GUI a while back, it was pretty nice. They had a lot of roaming remotes, so the google earth kml plugin was pretty cool.

I've heard whispers that iDirect is planning on releasing a web based solution for their service providers that will run on the same box as the NMS. It's really pretty easy to implement, just takes a lot of time.

I can tell you one thing though, when I saw the quote for iToolkit .. I laughed and sent it the way of skymonitor.. my recycle bin.

//warren

IP Logged

dhrisht
★★

Reply #11 - Feb 29th, 2012 at 9:18am  
Hi Team,

I am looking for a OSS/BSS Solution that can be integrated with iDirect NMS.

We are looking for a solution for centralizing and managing our iDirect platforms. Our requirements are as below:

Client portal
     Customer should be able to view RF statistics + Alams / Warnings
     Customer should be able to view utilizations & even protocol breakdown (history also)
     Can log trouble ticket
     Integrate Satellite coverage map and showing a client / reseller that their remotes are in which country
     Web based / online request
     Live chatting with NOC/Support

HUB Management:
     Centralized management of all the hubs / teleport
     HUB utilizations
     Hub RF Statistics + Alarms / Warnings
     Remote configuration through web based
     Reconnection / Disconnection through web based
     IP Management Database
     Other monitoring which I might be forgetting

Billing integration
     Software to integrate billing system with NMS
     Remotes should be disconnected automatically if they have outstanding payments
     Remote should be reconnected automatically if they have cleared their payments
     Invoice generation and should be imported to client portal so they can download from their portal

IP Logged

Pages: 1