Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

TCP/IP Ports using Tooway

(Read 9236 times)
bearaview
★★

Mar 25th, 2010 at 8:32am  
I just installed a Tooway system in Ireland (Viasat Surfbeam SM1101). I have a DVR that can connect to the internet and provide video from onsite cameras however, I cannot seem to get this to work with Tooway. The DVR set-up has a port setting that defaults to Port 80 (but I can change this). Does anyone know if Tooway blocks all or any ports or what ports could successfully be used with Tooway?? This is fairly urgent as I leave Ireland tomorrow.

Thanks

IP Logged

europe-satellite.com
★★★

London UK
Reply #1 - Mar 25th, 2010 at 10:55am  
The only guaranteed protocols are pop, smtp, http etc. see GOS.

All other have low priority but none are blocked as far we know. Ingoing connections to the modem are not allowed i.e. remote access.

Be aware, video streaming use a lot of bandwidth !
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2015 at 4:14pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Reply #2 - Mar 25th, 2010 at 5:36pm  
If you want to access pictures from a camera I suggest you program the camera to take a photo, compress the image as much as possible and then upload it to a server somewhere.   Uploading one medium resolution 100k bytes image file every 10 minutes would be reasonable. Try not to exceed an average upload bit rate of about 2 kbit/s.

Then from elsewhere on the internet access the server to download the images.

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

europe-satellite.com
★★★

London UK
Reply #3 - Mar 25th, 2010 at 6:55pm  
Linksys webcam at a private home, facing the front door entry.

We use the Linksys wireless webcam, easy to setup and easy to install at any location (wireless). They work fine using e.g. a Tooway satellite connection.

The Security Mode tells the camera to send a message with a short video attached to a email address whenever it detects motion in its field of view.
It delivers superior image quality using progressive scan and provides built-in motion detection and support for advanced event management.

The IP Video Camera contains its own web server (no PC necessary), so it can connect directly to a network, either over Wireless-G (802.11g) networking, or over 10/100 Ethernet cable.

Once it's connected to your home network, you can "see what it sees" from any Windows-based PC in the house, while the video stream is secured from the outside world, hidden behind your Router.

For more information about how to protect your property (second home etc.) contact us by email.

If you have a mobile phone and "Push Email" (e.g. iPhone or Blackberry) facility you will be notified within a second, anytime, anywhere.
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2015 at 4:15pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1