Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Hubless Polarsat Internet Services

(Read 3025 times)
Malachy
★★★

May 17th, 2010 at 4:43pm  
Dear Eric,

I am interested in looping about 10MB of symmetrical bandwidth from one site to the other site using satellite and I came across polarsat hubless internet.

What do I need in order to have my other sites share this bandwidth? Who do I contact? I need upto 20 other sites as well.

Regards,

Malachy

YIM  
IP Logged

europe-satellite.com
★★★

London UK
Reply #1 - May 17th, 2010 at 6:19pm  
I think you posted in a wrong part of this board but we have send you some info by email.

IP Logged

Admin1
YaBB Admin
★★★★★

Reply #2 - May 18th, 2010 at 11:41am  
Polarsat ( https://www.polarsat.com/en/ ) is only one of a number of possible suppliers.  Polarsat VSATPlus3 only works up to 6.6 Mbit/s.  You should consider suppliers relative to the type of service you want.

For a point to point, symmetrical, 10Mbit/s-10Mbit/s service you should be thinking of Comtech modems and if both sites are in the same beam coverage then consider CIC operation as well.   In any case, use extra large dishes so that you can use 8PSK or 16QAM modulation.  Monthly cost savings are more important than initial equipment cost.

You say you are interested in sharing with 20 sites.  What is the traffic ?

Internet access is not symmetric and is intermittent.  Some kind of DVB-S2/TDMA is appropriate like Hughes HX, iDirect or Viasat Linkstar or Surfbeam.  Your own iDirect hub or VNO  would allow you to operate and manage your own network. The other systems would allow you to share a much larger system.  Sharing a large system would cut your staff costs, reduce hub capital investments and generally be more efficient. Your ideal outlink is a 10 Mbit/s dedicated share of a full transponder carrier.

Phone traffic is symmetric, VoIP data rates needing between 10.8 kbit/s and 90 kbit/s per voice call one way.   You might consider one dedicated 10 Mbit/s outbound carrier and ten 1 Mbit/s dedicated return SCPC carriers.  There was a recent posting by someone who had successfully set up such a PCMA system with a PCMA canceller only at one end - the hub.  An amazing way to cut costs by half - but you do need need extra large dishes and the nerve to take the risk it might not quite work as hoped for.

Do remember that dedicated capacity is very expensive so try to minimise the amount you need and consider how to fill it throughout the day.  

Best regards, Eric.
« Last Edit: May 11th, 2015 at 3:14pm by Admin1 »  
IP Logged

Pages: 1