Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Engineer required onCamp Speicher

(Read 5354 times)
Chris_BW
★★

Feb 3rd, 2012 at 1:45pm  
We require assistance on Camp Speicher, Iraq

If you are able to get on base and are familiar with installing HX50 systems please contact sales@bentleywalker.com

WWW | YIM  
IP Logged

dirkovision
★★

BG ,NL, LYB, CY, RS, HU,
Reply #1 - Apr 2nd, 2012 at 6:25pm  
Maybe we can help, as we are located in Duhok and have branches with trained crew in Mosul etc. I am HughesNet and Tooway pro.

Raise your Q. @:  dirko@IBG-iraq.com

First take a look at this : https://ibg-iraq.com/internet/ka-sat-coverage
as i think we get coverage there as well. In Mosul and Baiji we have RX of abt. 9.4 - 9.6 dB also in winter, though it is on the edge of beam 83, but fair enough for hispeed internet...
With T6 package speed DL abt. 6Mbps. Upload abt. 700 Kbps. i was satisfied.

rgds
dirko

24/7/365 multilingual helpdesk
IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #2 - Apr 3rd, 2012 at 3:00pm  
I've made up my own alternative Tooway dish pointing page, see:
https://www.satsig.net/tooway/satellite-dish-pointing-ka-sat-tooway-europe.htm

Regarding beam 83 (aimed approximately at northern Iran), I am uncertain of the location of the beam centre, the size and shape of the beam, and its type (1,2,3 or4 and its colour).  Is it 2 Orange or 4 Green ?
How far south in Iraq is operation possible ?

There are 8 'southern' beams on the KA-SAT satellite.  These beams seem unusual in shape and size.  Does anyone know the details ?  Any beam can be shown with various sizes, corresponding to dish size used on the ground.  If you assume larger customer dishes, then the satellite beam can be shown as covering a wider area.  I have assumed all 'normal' beams are circular, 0.5 deg diameter,  and that 6 of the unusual southern beams are elliptical 0.4 x 0.8 deg.  I've drawn beams 77 and 83 as 0.74 deg diameter circular assuming larger customer dishes in these areas.   I'm not sure at all ?

Incidentally, does anyone know where the teleport gateways GW7 and GW8 are located?
wxw
Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

Pages: 1