Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Are you using a Mobilsat mobilweb ?

(Read 7795 times)
grahamess
★★

UK
Jul 1st, 2013 at 11:56pm  
Hi folks anyone got any experience of using one of the www.mobiltech.it mobilweb units?
Looks a slick little unit for mobile KA band use. Just wondered if they are out and about being used and to what degree of success?
They don't appear to be listed as an approved system for use with tooway links though.

IP Logged

Munger
★★★

Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Reply #1 - Jul 2nd, 2013 at 7:15am  
Newbie answer so I could be completely wrong...

Ka-band uses spot beams for different areas and if im right, the spots are assigned to you by the provider. They use the MAC address of the modem to bind the two together. If you have a mobile device its possible to go outside of your configured spot and therefore have problems connecting to the service?

I could be wrong though but its worth asking this question

IP Logged

Hipolito Gonzalez
★★★

Spain
Reply #2 - Jul 2nd, 2013 at 10:58am  
My answer could answer your question.
About two or three week ago, I was installing the Tooway system for a customer. After two weeks moving the antenna, changing location, installing, reinstalling (very bad luck) I canīt install the system.... why.... When the modem reach the 4 step (DHCP) it was going crazy. The signal moves from -3 dB to 20 dB. Going up, down, the modem hang up..... Ohhhhh

I returned the modem and the provider said me: I tested the modem and it is working. Review your installation, high power lines, etc etc.......

But... The installation is on the BEACH. Nothing around.

I received a NEW modem... and the same problem. GRRRRR
After days, calling to UK, to my provideer... The provider said me.... Ohhhhh I activated the modem for you and it is in a different spot, different location... Wait me, I am going to call... In UK reset the modem location (spot) and VOILA..... synchronization without problem... ...

...   ...
WWW | MSN | Skype/VoIP | ICQ | YIM  
IP Logged

Admin1
YaBB Admin
★★★★★

Reply #3 - Jul 2nd, 2013 at 12:06pm  
I put this dynamic page together so you can see your location in detail:
https://www.satsig.net/tooway/satellite-dish-pointing-ka-sat-tooway-europe.htm

The page starts with this image:

It shows the approx. location and coverage of the spot beams.  If you are on the border between two beams, either should work. If on the border of three beams any of the three should be good.
The beams don't have a sharp edge and are broader than shown, as the power gradually reduces as you go further away from the centre.  Expect about 3 dB difference from centre to the edge shown.

Accurate customer dish pointing is important as your transmit beam is narrower than the receive beam.  Beware when the signal is good.   It is important to get to the exact peak. DO NOT think in terms of getting "a signal that is good enough", do that and you can still be a long way off with the transmit beam.

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

Pages: 1