Logo

Satellite Internet Forum.

Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum.  Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure.  Both service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute.  Click Register at the bottom if you want to join. Read the Forum rules.
      Satellite internet forum            Help            Search            Login          
Pages: 1

Firmware upgrade night ago on viasat modem

(Read 2094 times)
Hipolito Gonzalez

Spain
Firmware upgrade night ago on viasat modem
Aug 30th, 2013 at 2:24pm

Yesterday, about 11 pm, the Tooway's DNS stop working for me. I could ping anywhere but the dns resolution was not working and because we can't change the DNA server, my connecting was not working (however, I had Internet but without DNs resolution)

Today in the morning, still without DNs resolution. I spoke to sky logic and they told me it was a bad software update, unplug and reply and your modem will do the update again, replug again and it will work, and yeahhhhh, now I have Internet.

But..... Why does it happen?

If I install the system in a building and nobody is for always be restarting the modem is a problem. I think the modem must be improve because sometimes we need to manually restart.
« Last Edit: Aug 31st, 2013 at 7:44am by Admin1 »  

...   ...
WWW | MSN | Skype/VoIP | ICQ | YIM  
IP Logged

Pages: 1