Logo

Satellite Internet Forum.
Please note that this forum is now READ ONLY and closed for login and changes
The new forum is here Space and Satellite Communications forum

Welcome, Guest.
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum.  Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure.  Both service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute.  Read the Forum rules.
      Satellite internet forum          

periods when modem cannot see TRIA

(Read 1654 times)
PaulR
Ex Member

Jan 19th, 2014 at 9:43am  
I wonder if anyone has had any similar experiences of the following.  I have been a KaSat user via connexion verte in SW France since Nov 13. Self install which went well.  All ok until mid Dec when kept losing connection and modem just displays "scanning". Reboot of modem often doesn't work. Sometimes if we leave it unpowered and try later, it connects.  When in this scanning mode, if I attempt to go to the install page, the Tria does not enter its setup mode outputting tones etc. Connexion verte said change the cable which I did. The same fault persists.  Its quite random if I stay connected for 12 hiurs or 12 minutes!
Cable loss is 0.5 ohms but attenuation varies from 2 to 6 dB. I was convinced I have a faulty modem but maybe its the TRIA. Its a solid dish installation and no movement in wknd as protected.  Any ideas or advice would be appreciated.

IP Logged

Hipolito Gonzalez
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Jan 26th, 2014 at 10:35pm  
In the conection process is normal to have attenuation moving in different values, after the link is stablished the attenuation must be fixed.

Have you tried with a diffenrt and short wire?
How long is your wire ?

IP Logged