Logo

Satellite Internet Forum.

Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum.  Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure.  Both service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute.  Click Register at the bottom if you want to join. Read the Forum rules.
  Satellite internet forumHelpSearchLogin  
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1

Replace F-connector by BNC connector?

(Read 2779 times)
le-bo2d9

Replace F-connector by BNC connector?
Sep 15th, 2014 at 6:36pm

Hi,

I'm a new Tooway KaBand satellite user. I have a flyaway antenna build in in a flightcase. All equipment is build-in in the lid. The motor is fixed in the base of the fligtcase. Now I want to place connectors to the RF cable and the power cable.

Here is my question can i use BNC connector to connect the RF cable instead of the F-connector.

The connector I want to use in the flightcase is the Neutrik NBB75DFIB on the cable I will use the Neutrik NBNC75XXXX connector (still need to lookup the correct connector)

Kind regards

Kind Regards

IP Logged

Admin1
YaBB Administrator

Personal text from: Profile,
Options, Top line

Re: Replace F-connector by BNC connector?
Reply #1 - Sep 15th, 2014 at 7:23pm

Consider using a "quick on f connector" adaptor. Look in Google/Amazon.
They are easily damaged so be careful in use. Lubricate centre pin with electronic grade silicone contact grease. Make sure external spring does not get lost. Get a few spares.

Really important: Do not connect or disconnect with the power on.

Note that the diameter of centre pin in f connectors is not standardised and does vary. If a larger diameter has been used before the socket springs may be stretched and if a new plug with thinner pin is applied the contact may be unreliable.

Best regards, Eric

IP Logged

Alphaco

near Toulouse, France
Re: Replace F-connector by BNC connector?
Reply #2 - Jun 21st, 2015 at 9:49am

old thread, but I'd use BNC rather than the plug-on F-connector, which I only use on my sat finder scope, for reasons of much higher current to be delivered to the TRIA than to an LNB. N connector could even be better, but is hard to find in 75 ohm and a bit clunky.

Johan
TV / VSAT Installer in southwest France

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1