Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

South America - service provider ???

(Read 17744 times)
Admin1
YaBB Admin
★★★★★

Apr 17th, 2004 at 9:22pm  
Can anyone recommend any satellite internet service providers in South America able to provide service to home and small business users ?

IP Logged

chris schwartz

Reply #1 - Apr 24th, 2004 at 6:14am  
Hey,
Did you get any answers? I am in Guatemala and the dealers here are way too expensive!
Any suggestions?

IP Logged

Admin1
YaBB Admin
★★★★★

Reply #2 - Apr 24th, 2004 at 8:18am  
There are two LinkStar networks working out of Rio and Buenos Aires, both by Telespazio, but they serve primarily big businesses in Brazil and Argentina. I'm looking for service providers able to offer service to home and small business users throughout South America.  If you know other service providers (even if very high cost) it would be at least useful to know who they are.  High costs are essential initially if the networks are to be financialy viable as it costs a great deal to set up, to rent the satellite bandwidth and to pay the hub staff - and you start from no customers at all....

IP Logged

Admin1
YaBB Admin
★★★★★

Reply #3 - Apr 28th, 2004 at 1:24pm  
I have just added a LinkStar coverage for the whole of South America (see Bentley Walker on page https://www.satsig.net/ivsat.htm) but it does not extend far enough north to cover Guatemala. 
I am still looking for a good beam covering the Caribbean and central America, so please, if you know any such service provider say here.  Thanks.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #4 - May 15th, 2004 at 7:02am  
SOON OUR COMPANY WILL PROVIDE BROAD BAND IP TO ARGENTINA AND CHILE AND ALL SOTH AMERICA IN A NEAR FUTURE.

WE WILL READY TO SELL JUNE 4 1004

COST EQUIPMENT $2500.00 USD

MONTH $150 AND $300 SPEED 128 UPLOAD 250 DOWNLOAD

https://www.ciberall.com
"a donde los cables no llegan!"
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2020 at 2:43pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Admin1
YaBB Admin
★★★★★

Reply #5 - Jun 17th, 2004 at 8:48pm  
My company -- Surinam Information & Communication Network (SICON) -- provides broadband satellite internet services to the guyanas and the dutch
caribean. The service is an asymmetric 256 down/ 76.8 up with a burst of up to 512 down for home and business. Situated in Suriname South America, SICON provides consultancy and technical services in the aforementioned region. Cheers, Alwin. [message submitted by email, Forum Admin]

Added 23 March 2006: I have been unable to find any information about SICON. The oroginal email provided by Alwin was d_j_d@hotmail.com I am not hopeful that the organisation still exists.

I suggest you go to :
https://www.satsig.net/ivsat.htm

and try asking the several known companies mentioned there.

Best regards, Eric.
« Last Edit: Jun 10th, 2020 at 12:05pm by Admin1 »  
IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jun 27th, 2004 at 2:42pm  
I am looking for a satellite system to install about 2 hours from Salvador BRAZIL on a rural farm. Idealy the system would handle Internet and TV. Any suggestions?

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jul 4th, 2004 at 12:18pm  
Looking for satellite Internet access in the equatorial Brasil, state of Amazon. The link needs to provide communications among isolated indian villages by missionaries and local commerce, mainly from Manaus up river toward Peru.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Aug 6th, 2004 at 8:40pm  
Dear friends,

We would like to introduce you to our new cutting edge technology: high-speed broadband satellite Internet solution for data, high-quality voice, fax, and video. Our DVB platform covers all the Americas and the Caribbean.

Our pricing is very competitive and includes:

1) Bandwidth capacity starting at 128 kbps uplink (from remote earth station to Miami) and 2 Mbps downlink (from Miami to the remote earth station)
2) Signal reception and transmission at our international teleport in Miami, Florida USA utilizing::
      a........9.3 meter Andrew antenna.
      b........700 Watt HPA.
      c........1:1 redundancy.
      d........Engineering support, monitoring & control.
3) Direct access to the USA Internet backbone with our redundant DS3 fiber optic connection and a high end 7513 Cisco router.
4) Switching and co- location services

If you have any questions or need more information, please don't hesitate to contact us at any time.

Best regards,
Carlos E Padilla
Satellite Engineering Team.
Miami FL USA
admiralsat@bellsouth.net
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2020 at 2:44pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

SATCONXION - Xavier Ribas

Reply #9 - Nov 13th, 2004 at 3:53pm  
You can buy services and VSAT in https://www.satconxion.com/en/home/
We have cover under Hispasat or AB1 satellite.

« Last Edit: Jun 10th, 2020 at 12:05pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Inetcon_Sat

Reply #10 - Dec 15th, 2004 at 11:05pm  
We are already using KU2 band for Latin America if interested in activating Direcway dishes from Mexico to Chile. It is NOT Direcway service, but we use Direcway equipment. Bandwidth costs are higher but it does work in ALL Latin America (Except Brazil, check Satmex 5, KU2 coverage). Let me know if interested at sales@inetconsa.com
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2020 at 2:45pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Jaba Networks

Reply #11 - Oct 22nd, 2005 at 6:42pm  
Jaba Networks is a leading global communications service and solutions provider offer- ing government, enterprise, and individual customers operating in remote locations.
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2020 at 2:46pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Martin Monsalve

Reply #12 - Mar 20th, 2006 at 11:24pm  
For Argentina, you can look at https://www.satelital.com.ar/

We use mainly Gilat Skystar 180 platform, but we can also offer i-direct, both with Nahuel 1A, or Gilat Skystar 360E, using Anik.

For the Skystar platform, our prices start at 220 U$S per month, CPE equipmen included.

Best Regards,
Martin Monsalve
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2020 at 2:46pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Mar 22nd, 2006 at 11:27pm  
Quote:
My company -- Surinam Information & Communication Network (SICON) -- provides broadband satellite internet services to the guyanas and the dutch
caribean. The service is an asymmetric 256 down/ 76.8 up with a burst of up to 512 down for home and business. Situated in Suriname South America, SICON provides consultancy and technical services in the aforementioned region. Cheers, Alwin. [message submitted by email, Forum Admin]

What is SICON website address ?
to whom he supplies in Guyana.

Thanks, PK

Added by admin 23 March 2006: I am not sure that SICOM still exists - see below
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2020 at 2:47pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Admin1
YaBB Admin
★★★★★

Reply #14 - Mar 23rd, 2006 at 8:52am  
I have been unable to find any information about SICON.  All documents indexed in Google that looked hopeful now appear to have been deleted. The
email provided by Alwin was d_j_d@hotmail.com

"My company -- Surinam Information & Communication Network (SICON) -- provides broadband satellite internet services to the guyanas and the dutch
caribean. The service is an asymmetric 256 down/ 76.8 up with a burst of up to 512 down for home and business. Situated in Suriname South America,
SICON provides consultancy and technical services in the aforementioned region. Cheers, Alwin.

I suggest you now go to :
https://www.satsig.net/ivsat.htm
and try asking the several known companies mentioned there.

Best regards, Eric.
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2020 at 2:47pm by Admin1 »  
IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Apr 28th, 2007 at 3:21am  
Si Ud esta en Ecuador o Colombia y desea tener internet satelital escoja las opciones de operadores registrados en la CONATEL como Quiksat hay planes desde $210 mensual con equipos viasat surfbeam. Otra empresa muy buena es Axxesat de colombia

https://axessnet.com/en/home/

que activa equipos gilat skystar 360 y skyedge ip -es un alternativa al pesimo servicio que da Gilat como operador. Otro operador recomendable es COMSAT latinoamerica da servicio empresarial para terminales LINKSTAR e IDIRECT en Banda Ku satelite Satmex5. Y bueno si desea instalar un servicio para ISP para 100 o + pcs un operador bueno es NEW SKIES DO BRASIL con servicio en banda C. _Inclusive tienes la posiblidad de usar 2 satelites con una misma antena uno en banda Ku y el otro en Banda C. TENGA CUIDADO CON LAS CIAS VIRTUALES QUE ACTIVAN TRATE CON REPRESENTANTES DIRECTOS EN SU PAIS O EL MISMO TELEPUERTO. Tenga cuidado con empresas no registradas y virtuales y que no le dan factura ni soporte local. hay varias como Ecuasat.net.ec, Conexiaglobal,.com, etc etc. 1000 +
« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2014 at 9:32pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Jul 23rd, 2007 at 1:19pm  
Check this site for South America options using iDirect.
(web site dbasatmaster.com no longer working)
Beam is on Hispasat 1D with Service provider located in the UK.
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2020 at 2:48pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

martinm
★★

Reply #17 - Aug 29th, 2007 at 7:10am  
Hi,
Here at Servicio Satelital, in Buenos Aires, Argentina, we have just deployed an Gilat Skyedge HUB, pointed to the SES AMC-6 Satellite (the recently turned on a beam that iluminates South America).
Antenna sizes are 0.75 to 1.2 meters and 2Watts BUC. Download speeds form 128 to 1024 kbps, 16 to 1 oversubscrition ratio and uncapped traffic.

More information about supported services in our webpage:
https://www.satelital.com.ar/

Best regards
Martin

Estimados
Servicio Satelital, una compaia argentina (ex spacenet/gilat) acaba de lanzar su nuevo HUB vsat con tecnologia Gilat Skyedge.
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2020 at 2:50pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1