Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

SatLook Finder to buy

(Read 4446 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Apr 3rd, 2007 at 5:12pm  
Hi All,

I want your technical advice and recommendation on Satlook finder to buy.

First, I would like to know if I can buy Satlook finder in Nigeria, cus I leave in Nigeria.

Secondly, which is easier to use and less expensive, then how to find its type on the net if you have available for sale.

Thirdly, need inclinometer and compass too to buy.

I am installer of Vsat dish, but dont have all meantioned tools which are necessary for Vsat Installer to have.

If any, please me know so that we can arrenge how to negociate on the price and how to make payment/delivery.

Here is my Gsm # 080 35967413 (Banash)

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #1 - Apr 3rd, 2007 at 9:19pm  
Try here : https://sadoun.com/Sat/Order/Signal-Meters.htm
wxw
Do bear in mind that you can reliably find satellites by using the VSAT modem and an attached PC.

Please would other installers add their comments here.  What do you recommend ?

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

Oasis Networks
★★★

Reply #2 - Apr 4th, 2007 at 8:21am  
Hi,

I used to have Satlook and it was quite ok for finding a satellite. It is cheap and compact, and provide graphic picture of the spectrum, and though it doesnt show and readings of parameters it was very useful. I sold it several months ago in good shape, even though i used it quite a lot off the beaten track.
I am well aware of the difficulty of getting hardware in Nigeria. If you want, I will be there (will travel to Lagos) at the end of the month, I can buy couple of things in Israel and bring it to you.
For the point that Eric mentioned - well, basically you can point a dish without any equipment at all, have done so couple of times just with regular SAT TV decoder and a TV for example, or with a SCPC SCPC modem that was locked on its own signal when I found the satellite, but it will take more time, it will be less comfortable and in case you have any kind of problem it will be nearly impossible to do any basic troubleshooting. When your equipment is poorer, your wits must be on its best...
If you just want to install couple of dishes for you and your friends so I guess you can do along without any equipment at all. If you want to install systems in the bush, I strongly recommend to have something with you. If you want to be able to perform a complete job (i.e. to do troubleshooting as well if needed), then Satlook will not be enough.

Cheers,
Nimrod

www.oasisnetworks.net - Oasis Networks - Online with you!
IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Apr 4th, 2007 at 10:35am  
Thank you Eric for that advice, but is not all the vsat modem that you can track signal/sat with, eg. Linkstar modem, spl modem for emperion, skyline for gilatsat com, etc. Only the small modems can do that, not even all.

Nimrod, I will appreciate if you can assist me get the satlook when coming down to naija as you stated.... I will appreciate if you can find the birdog as show on the link Eric posted https://sadoun.com/Sat/Products/Accessories/Meters/Birdog-Satellite-signal-meter
.htm which we can get a free bonus of inclinometer too as part of what i also requested.

Thank you guys and I really appreciate you assistance.

Eric, I will highly appreciate if other installers comments too in this issue.

IP Logged

bfyusuff
★★★

Reply #4 - Apr 17th, 2007 at 8:49am  
I have satlook micro and combolook for sale.

Babatunde&&M: +234-803-350-1067,+234-802-317-8070&&UK:+44-798-293-6966
ICQ | YIM  
IP Logged

Pages: 1