Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

How can I do configuration by hyperTerminal

(Read 10894 times)
aih007
★★

Mar 4th, 2008 at 1:35pm  
I want know how I do configuration for modem or install option file by hyperTerminal
I am facing proplem with iSite.  It can't see the modem and I want to install option file, but how ?
Please help me.  
« Last Edit: Mar 4th, 2008 at 3:48pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

tunde300us
★★★

Reply #1 - Mar 4th, 2008 at 6:42pm  
If u say ure having problems with isite those that suggests that u dont have IP connectivity with the modem or rather u do not know the IP address of the modem.Which of the cases u have just explain it maybe i can help from here.Am sure TDMAmike can say something more about ur case.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Mar 5th, 2008 at 2:02am  
Are you connected to the box with hyperterm?  Or do you need assistance getting hyperterm setup? 

If you are connected what are you seeing? 

>?

What does the command SUM do for you when connected via hyperterm?

IP Logged

aih007
★★

Reply #3 - Mar 5th, 2008 at 8:45am  
may be you don't understand  my question
i want steps for do configrtion by hyperterminal

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Mar 5th, 2008 at 11:56am  
Is this a 3100 series modem?

What iDS version?

What are you seeing when you are connect to the box with hyperterm open?  >?  or #?

IP Logged

aih007
★★

Reply #5 - Mar 5th, 2008 at 1:24pm  
my modem 3100
version 8.0
i am not do that befor (make configration by hyper terminal )  i want expline how can do ?
as like change password and install option file

IP Logged

aih007
★★

Reply #6 - Mar 18th, 2008 at 10:59am  
yes mr TDMAMIKE
I need assistance getting hyperterm setup?   

IP Logged

quitro
★★

Reply #7 - Mar 18th, 2008 at 7:05pm  
configure a modem by hyper terminal, I thinks its the hard way,  because you should need many things, like a console cable, winscpc, and a lot of command lines. if you have all the cables, and software, all you will need is the commads, wich are available from manual in idirect TAC.  if your isite does not detect your modem, make shure you are connected with a cross lan cable. most of the 3000 series the default ip is 192.168.0.1 try to configure your lan card with this. and launch isite. also check wich version of isite are you using?
hoppe it can help you anyway
regards

IP Logged

aih007
★★

Reply #8 - Mar 20th, 2008 at 9:45am  
thank you Mr quitro  for help i have consl cable and program but  how can i get the manule comman

IP Logged

Lukio
★★

Reply #9 - Mar 21st, 2008 at 3:33pm  
Quote:
thank you Mr quitro  for help i have consl cable and program but  how can i get the manule comman  

Hi aih007,

Please see my reply to this post directing how to connect to a NM with HyperTerm:

https://www.satsig.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=idirect;action=display;num=120...

Let me know how you get on.

IP Logged

ahmelect
★★★

Reply #10 - Mar 21st, 2008 at 6:27pm  
Hi,

so apper you have an old version of iSite so its cant indecate your modem, you must say you need to know HOW you can use Hyp. Termenal, if u see what TDMA say you know he help u with the 1st step, what did u see its > sign or #?? but i see you dont know configer the new hyperterminal box.. if you havnt idea about that i think that is so HARD for you.. i advice you to check any PDF help from any provider its included how to config. it and what did u need to do, after all that if you face a prob. reply us.

&&Ahmed&&Dar Al-Hikma
YIM  
IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Mar 22nd, 2008 at 12:08am  
My thoughts on this are: If you do not know how to configure hyperterminal, then you really have no business on console.  

If you simply want to change your options file (without iSite) you can simply rename the options file you want to put in your modem to falcon.opt and stick it on your desktop.  From there you can use WINSCP (you will need the root password) and attach to the modem (ethernet, and WINSCP) and copy that falcon.opt to /etc/idirect/falcon/falcon.opt  

When in /etc/idirect/falcon you will see your existing falcon.opt in there.  THAT is the options file you are currently using (on the box).  If you decide to do this, you need to ensure that the options file is of the same version (iDS) that you are using on that modem.  Do not stick a 8.X options file on a 6.X iDS.  Make sure your versions are the same.

I also ONLY recommend this if you know what you are doing.  If not, do not attempt to manually jam and options file into /etc/idirect/falcon

IP Logged

Lukio
★★

Reply #12 - Mar 22nd, 2008 at 12:12pm  
Oops....exactly right Mike.  I should have been more responsible and said that if you aren't confident with getting access via HT you shouldn't poke around with a NM.  Sounds like a recipe for turning a NM into a doorstop ;.)

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Mar 22nd, 2008 at 12:16pm  
I think we all know our limitations.  I dont want to hold anyone back if they can fix a modem that is questionable or not working.  I just want to advise them that if they are not comfortable in engaging at that level then they shouldnt.  If they have nothing to lose and the modem is DEAD then it really isnt a big deal.

IP Logged

aih007
★★

Reply #14 - Mar 23rd, 2008 at 9:42am  
thank you mr TDMAMike and lukio for help me .
I  success for connection to hyper terminal
but I could change any thing non option file by hyper terminal ?

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Mar 23rd, 2008 at 12:03pm  
From console type:  ifconfig

What is the IP address for ixp1 or ixp0?  Is that IP address correct for your modem?  If so, is your laptop client in the same subnet of that IP address?  If not, change the IP address of your laptop to reside in the same subnet and attempt to ping the modem.

You will need IP connectivty before you can migrate a new options file into it.

Also, from console type: telnet 0

Log in with the username and password and use the: laninfo command to to hunt for that modems IP properties.

IP Logged

Pages: 1