Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

No Connection

(Read 2062 times)
Rasheed
★★

Aug 20th, 2008 at 2:23pm  
I just want to know if anyone is having issues with their VSAT, I am in Rasheed Iraq and I am not able to transmitte anything for 3 days,  can someone help me thanks.

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #1 - Aug 20th, 2008 at 2:37pm  
Do you have a good receive downlink signal ?

If so, your problem is with the transmit side, could be modem, tx cable or BUC.  Contact your service provider in case your transmit mode is temporarily turned off for some reason.

If you have no or poor receive downlink signal then concentrate on getting that right first before worring about transmitting anything.  The transmit side will automatically mute if you have a receive fault.

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

Rasheed
★★

Reply #2 - Aug 23rd, 2008 at 7:39am  
The signal strength is 88 as I am looking at it right now and last night the quality was at 90-92%.

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #3 - Aug 23rd, 2008 at 1:47pm  
Now that you have a good receive signal contact your service provider and get them to test your site. They can send commands to your modem.

If you have a transmit fault it is likely to be the F connectors on the IFL/BUC cable.  The centre pin must be 1.5mm proud of the rim and must go smoothly into the hole in the F socket, and not push back the cable.
The cable braid must make good contact to the plug outer shell and there must be no fragments of wires short circuiting the power.

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

Pages: 1