Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

I have a problem with my IDirect router

(Read 2490 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Aug 6th, 2008 at 10:13am  
I have a problem with my IDirect router, I used a Horizon HDSMUSB to locate INTELSAT 901 18 West I got a signal strength of 37.  For some reason im not getting any signal on the software that came with the package. I think there is an issue with my router .Signal and Status are solid green the other lights are blinking yellow.  I am not sure what to do in order to trouble shoot this problem im the only computer savvy guy in our unit and was volunteered to make the sat light system work I don’t know much about sat light systems. I could use some help.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Aug 6th, 2008 at 12:05pm  
What are your lights telling you?

Which lights (exactly) are green, and which are amber?

If your receive LED is AMBER you are not properly pointed.  You will not get a TX light unless your receive light is green as you NEED that downstream carrier to receive your timeplan.

M

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Aug 6th, 2008 at 1:33pm  
Green = Power ans status
AMber= TX and RX

The program on the computer to show a signal however has shown nothing what so ever. Some told me that with the Horizon HDSMUSB  i used to late it that it could be just be geting noise and not a signal. Im dumfounded on what to do I have moves that thing up and down 2 degrees at a time and verly slowly move the dish left and right. I wounder if our router is jacked up. I should be geting some kind of signal even if its very week right??

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Aug 6th, 2008 at 2:01pm  
No.  The iDirect will report -100 until you sweep across a TDM downstream carrier.  Pretty sure your iDirect unit is fine, you are just not oriented/pointed properly.  
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2008 at 6:54pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1