Advertisment: Broadband via satellite
Advertisment: Worldwide satellite services from Ground Control Company

www.satsig.net

Satellite Internet Forum.

Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Does a level foundation make a huge difference?

(Read 2533 times)
JonnyRotten
★★

Aug 22nd, 2008 at 12:02pm  
I have my dish atop my living unit and it is not completely level. It is just up there and eyeballed to near level. Is this going to effect reception/transmission at all?
I have a 1.8 meter dish with a Hughes 1 watt LNB (NJR2784H) on a yoke that is adjustable for polarization (instead of turning the entire dish).

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #1 - Aug 22nd, 2008 at 12:14pm  
If the base is not level it is a little more difficult to find the satellite since as you sweep across the sky in azimuth the elevation will be changing also. It is not a big deal - just an extra small problem.

It will also affect the polarisation setting.  If you use a polarisation scale on the yoke you will have an error of a few deg due to the entire mount not being level.  Just make sure that you finally adjust the polarisation with the assistance of the hub who can monitor the cross-pol component of your unmodulated CW transmit carrier.

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

JonnyRotten
★★

Reply #2 - Aug 22nd, 2008 at 12:24pm  
Many thanks Eric.

IP Logged

abbas89
★★

Pakistan
Reply #3 - Oct 27th, 2008 at 5:16am  
If your BASE is not peroperly level youe might got satellite signal but not properly specially for data communication so i suggest you to check your base and check with a fine level checker you will find diffrence in signals.

Abbas

IP Logged

Pages: 1