Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Andrew antena Ofset & W3A pointing

(Read 5806 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Aug 28th, 2008 at 6:16pm  
Hello

I have a very difficult one firstly i want to Install a linkstar VSAT am in Zambian in Africa my GPS coordinates are.
15°25′S 28°17′E

I want to connect to W3A satellite i have this antena from Andrews
https://www.satcomresources.com/product.do?mode=11&productId=4876

I dont know my offset and i dont Have the satlook am using
cheap satfinder i can find the satellite once am given the Offset so no worries.

But am faced with a challenge as i dont know my offset on my Dish will you ppl help me.

1. help me calculate the antane offset on my Dish it looks like the one i have sent on that link tho mine is a Ku Band.

any websites for calcutalting offset angles and satellite locations will be very helpful

a) i have an Andrew antena 1.2 m
b) i dont know my offset
c) i think the satellite W3A should be somewere 245 degree
d) dish and all i have assebled
e) am using the satfinder with my Modem to check the BER using the TCMP command...

thanks in advance

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #1 - Aug 28th, 2008 at 6:54pm  
Let's start by verifying the link to your dish. You state your goal is VSAT on W3A with a 1.2m reflector, yet you linked to documentation for a 1.8m C-band product.

//greg//

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Aug 29th, 2008 at 7:46am  
Hello

That link is for a C band i know but look at how the feed is supported that Dish looks exactly like the 1.2 mtr dish that i have. I have searcged high and low on the Andrew website for Offset angles for their dishes i cant find let alone i cant find the 1.2 meter dish that i have. the closest is that link i sent.

1. Firstly i have never worked with that kind of dish i dont know the offset angle on that dish.

2. I want to point to W3A am in Lusaka Zambia.

3. If u can help give me what my Inclinationatio and Azimuth will be.....

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #3 - Aug 29th, 2008 at 9:37am  
This image below comes from page Lat long finder
The blue line helps with your azimuth angle relative to nearby building walls, if visible in Satellite or Hybrid view mode.

I have not yet added the blue line to the Southern Africa dish pointing page.
Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #4 - Aug 29th, 2008 at 11:24am  
I share your concern. Patriot and Prodelin make the kind of info you're looking for readily available on their websites. But tech data on Andrew site has always been less than satisfying from an engineering/installation viewpoint. That angle you're looking for could be anywhere from 17 to 22 degrees.

The time zone difference and telephone expense are not in your favor either. As such, my recommendation is to contact Andrew via email: info@satcomresources.com

Presumably this is the actual hardware you're describing (?) https://satcomresources.com/product.do?mode=11&productId=3923

//greg//

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Aug 29th, 2008 at 11:52am  
Eric to say the truth this post is sweet i have all the details
This is sweet i just need anyone who can give me the Offset on that
Antena i have.

or alink to offset angles by Andrew

Once more thanks Eric ur the man!!! Have a lovely friday hey!!
Greg i have a fix i have been sending emails to my service provider being Bentley walker the guys aint replying... I will email andrew the funny part is the Antenna never came with a manual. i will try look for that now i will play around with the dish all day and hope luck will be on myside.

IP Logged

dot
★★★

Reply #6 - Aug 29th, 2008 at 4:17pm  
I believe that the Andrew model 120, 123 and 125 antennas have a 16.97 deg offset.

IP Logged

Pages: 1