Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

RX SCPC Errors

(Read 2827 times)
ricosuave22
★★

Apr 14th, 2009 at 11:11am  
Hello Satcom experts....

I am looking for some pointers. I currently have a 1.2m dish that is getting rx scpc errors throughout the day. It comes and goes sometimes. I believe that it is local interference because neither of the other terminals experience this.  Any suggestions on what might be the issue?

I'd like to add that the sat engineer installed a pass band filter and it didn't help and he also put a spec anny onto the system and could not see any interference.

My dish is a Patriot systems
My modem is a Idirect 3000 series.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Apr 14th, 2009 at 1:25pm  
Have your S-ISP/Hub Network Operator query your "conditions" stats and look for any patterns over a 72 hour timeframe.  Have him also query other customers in your beam to see if they are experiencing any issues.  If not, then the problem is local to you. More than likely interference.  

I would have the HNO give it a hard look.

IP Logged

ricosuave22
★★

Reply #2 - Apr 14th, 2009 at 1:51pm  
Thanks Mike...

I had the NOC do that and they can see the errors increase until the system becomes unreliable and then decrease to the point that there are no errors at all on the rx side. They also verified that it the errors are not in the "net" and just local to me. I guess my next question would be, how do I pinpoint the interference? After that what steps should I take  so we can pass reliable data again?

Thanks

IP Logged

peve
★★

Reply #3 - Apr 14th, 2009 at 4:31pm  
Not sure of your location but the biggest SCPC error generators we run into are radar detectors.  99% of the times we see SCPC errors we call the site and sure enough some one has a radar detector running.  Unplugging it, not just turning it off, solves the problem.  On some occasions if it's parked next to the dish it can take it right out of the network

PV

IP Logged

Pages: 1