Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

iDirect 3000 Help

(Read 2146 times)
Cav_scout
★★

May 30th, 2009 at 7:49pm  
Ok So I bought an iDirect 3000 series modem off of ebay and got it in the mail it is brand new not even out is the plastic new and I am curious to find out if it is locked or not but I have never worked with and iDirect modem before, Can someone help me and walk me though the steps to figure out if it is locked and how to log on to the modem. Is it http based? or telnet? Do I need some special software?

Thank You,  Cav_scout

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - May 30th, 2009 at 11:12pm  
You are going to need to shop out a service provider.  Or do you already have one?  That service provider will provide you with the image sets and the config file to make it useable.  Got antenna, BUC and LNB?

IP Logged

Cav_scout
★★

Reply #2 - Jun 1st, 2009 at 3:26pm  
OK Well I figured it out on my own. What is did was frist connet the modem to my computer using cross over cable, then I used Wire Shark to sniff all of the packets the modem was sending out and saw that the modem was asking "Who has 192.168.0.10? Tell 192.168.0.1" so I then staticly set my IP adress to 192.168.0.10 subnet to 255.255.255.0 and the gateway to 192.168.0.1 and then used telnet to log on as "user" ( password "iDirect" ) and ran the command rlock which returned UNLOCKED  Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1