Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Mid Level Career SATCOM Engineer looking for work

(Read 6750 times)
Vento117
★★

Oct 26th, 2009 at 4:59pm  
Military SATCOM Operator/Maintainer looking for work.
Here is a part of my resume:

CAREER SUMMARY
I have six years of experience serving in the United States Air Force providing secure communications to and from terminals worldwide as well as U2 aircraft.  I operated, maintained, and managed both tactical and strategic SATCOM systems, Defense Satellite Communications Systems, Defense Communications Satellite Subsystem, and Standardized Tactical Entry Point services. I spent the last year and a half as the Unit Security Manager of a 180-person squadron consisting entirely of level 5 positions requiring TS/SCI access. I have a current SSBI providing me TS/SCI eligibility until 15 February 2013. I also have 101 Semester hours towards my degree.

Systems worked on include:
• Directly managed and supervised the daily operations and maintenance of HMMWV mounted AN/GSC-93A.
• Operated and maintained several SATCOM systems (AN/FSC-78, AN/GSC-52, AN/TSC 85B and 93A, AN/USC 60, MIST II and associated Tracker) which included digital communications (DCSS) equipment, Promina, multiplexers/de-multiplexers, up and down converters, modulators, demodulators, routing and switching systems, parabolic antennas, tracking servo motors and brakes, transmit and receive RF amplifiers, data encryption devices, and all associated wiring and cabling including Fiber Optics.
• Led and managed shift coworkers with daily maintenance, troubleshooting, and unscheduled maintenance. Also, I planned missions constructed from the Satellite Access Authorizations and coordinated with DISA Europe.
• Used test equipment to troubleshoot satellite links at different data levels and multiple access schemes; tested faulty equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test equipment and software, and applied first-hand knowledge of the functional operation of electronic units and systems.

I am looking at all locations, but I am very interested in a job in the northeastern part of the United States or the UK.

My complete resume is available upon request.  Thanks!

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Oct 27th, 2009 at 3:32am  
I currently have an opening. Are you interested in a SATCOM position in Guam? If so, please e-mail a copy of your Resume to  kua_76@yahoo.com and let me know the best times to contact you.

IP Logged

Pages: 1