Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

NET Led didnt glow up

(Read 2825 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Feb 20th, 2010 at 10:02am  
Hi everyone,

Well i had a problem with the NET LED glowing off and ON at times. When i firstly gave up the Tx and activated the modem the NET was glowing, after i rebooted it to change the IF cable, I was unable to see the NET glowing, but after a few hours the NET automatically glowed. And when I finally rebooted it again the NET was gone again. What can be the problem for NET LED glowing on and off time and again. I dont think there should be any problem as the device should come in the network when we have power fluctuations (ON/OFF).

can you please answer this?

Thanks,

Sushil.

IP Logged

skyler
★★

Reply #1 - Feb 23rd, 2010 at 9:14pm  
When you were in the network what was the modem transmit power.  Call your hub operator and ask for your initial and maximum power settings or open iSite and “upload the option file to disk” and record the initial and maximum transmit powers.   Your levels could be set too low and the Hub does not see the modem when it tries to enter the network or the Maximum power setting is limiting the modem transmit to stay into the network.  Conduct a peak and pol with the satellite provider then do a 1 db compression check to determine your modem’s maximum Transmit power setting.

IP Logged

Lukio
★★

Reply #2 - Feb 25th, 2010 at 8:38pm  
It might be worth putting up a CW and asking yout network/satellite operator to check your TX power.  Dependant on what iDS you are running the operator may be able to do this from the HUB or you can do it locally from the remote.  But make sure you have a clear freq. to bring up the CW first otherwise you may seriously upset someone!

IP Logged

yazzdan
★★

Reply #3 - Mar 29th, 2010 at 8:58am  
hi,

One more issue can cause , is the power voltages are correct ? how many voltages  you see when you point the antenna and SNR Value ? when the terminal got login after some span of time what is the UP and Down C/N Values? is the modem is naroow band ?

Regards,&&Syed Irfan Hasan&&iDirect & VSAT Engineer
IP Logged

dot
★★★

Reply #4 - Mar 30th, 2010 at 6:10pm  
Another possible reason for no NET LED is an IP address conflict on the hub operators network.

IP Logged

Pages: 1