Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Question for iDS Release 6

(Read 4604 times)
Tekkie123
★★

May 25th, 2011 at 6:48am  
Hi All,

I need the 'Technical Gide for iDirect Release 6'. Although its very old version but this is because one of our prospective customer hub is running this version (6.0.9.6) & my company is proposing them support for this Hub.

Imp:
One important point which i need to know is that:
Does iDS 6 not support VLAN based end-to-end connectivity, thts because currently end-to-end cisco Routers are used with GRE tunnelling for delivering data connectivity!!

Thx in advance!!
« Last Edit: May 27th, 2011 at 6:49am by Tekkie123 »  

IP Logged

Tekkie123
★★

Reply #1 - May 27th, 2011 at 5:37am  
Say sumthing guyz........!!Smiley or does it mean im the only one in the world about to work on iDS Release 6.0.9.6...
« Last Edit: May 27th, 2011 at 6:45am by Tekkie123 »  

IP Logged

bod
★★

Reply #2 - Jun 3rd, 2011 at 5:10am  
iDS 6.0 does support VLANs

IP Logged

Scout
★★★

Reply #3 - Jun 6th, 2011 at 6:38pm  
iDirect's implementation of VLAN and their implementation of GRE are very different you should take a good look at the current implementation to determine what will be required on your side to support this.

there are tech notes, release notes, iBuilder guides etc available online.  If you are considering taking on support of this customer's networks I assume you have some relationship with iDirect.  any support account with iDirect should give you access to all documentation on software, (not the actual software, but documents at least)
Check their site and you should see iDs documents still available.

IP Logged

Tekkie123
★★

Reply #4 - Jun 25th, 2011 at 11:44am  
Thx for the previous posts. I want to rephrase my question. For iDirect based data connectvity, can we configure GRE Tunnel on iDirect 3000 series modem or we need a separate (cisco) router, on iDirect release 6.0.9.6

Thx

IP Logged

dot
★★★

Reply #5 - Jun 27th, 2011 at 9:24am  
No Tekkie, the GRE tunnel needs to exist between two routers. The iDirect platform is GRE-aware and will accelerate traffic within your tunnel.

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #6 - Jun 27th, 2011 at 9:17pm  
A GRE tunnel is typically used to implement the same local LAN IP address system at a number of dispersed locations, with encrypted GRE tunnel links joining up the various locations.

If you use an entire iDirect network (hub and all remotes), consider terminating the GRE tunnel at a Cisco router adjacent to the iDirect hub and giving all the remote sites in the iDirect network IP addresses inside your LAN.  If security is important you will need physical access control of the Hub and to trust whatever iDirect encryption system is available to you.

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

Pages: 1