Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Need help Service (1/4 CIR)

(Read 4239 times)
SALAH
★★

Libya
May 1st, 2014 at 10:21am  
I am planning to serve 150 client using Wimax tech  and back-hauling through  Vsat i have got an offer from businessCom  company which is as following  (1/4 CIR)   the receive 4 Mbps  and the Transmit 512 Mbps  they told me it is a Dedicated service  could anyone explain it to me? am i going to get it as really dedicated or as  others says it is sherd not dedicated ?  or give me an advice please  the coast above 4000 USD

IP Logged

Admin1
YaBB Admin
★★★★★

Reply #1 - May 5th, 2014 at 5:48pm  
Ask for an explanation of what "(1/4 CIR)" means ?

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

Maxim Usatov
★★★

Czech Republic
Reply #2 - May 5th, 2014 at 8:42pm  
Dear Salah,

1/4 CIR means that you get 1/4 of all the bandwidth as a dedicated CIR. (CIR = Committed Information Rate, dedicated bandwidth.) For example, if you buy a 1024 kbps link with 1/4 CIR then you get 1024 divide by 4 = 256 kbps of dedicated CIR bandwidth with it. This is definitely not a 100% dedicated service like SCPC if you mean that. If you are talking about our iDirect Broadband services that typically feature 1/4 CIR and 1/10 CIR levels then this service is never advertised as dedicated. It's a shared bandwidth service, however it can be upgraded to a 100% CIR DVB-S2/SCPC service at any time if you wish so. 

A 4096 x 512 kbps service with 1/4 CIR may be fine for basic Wi-Fi network. That would depend on how many subscribers will be online at the same time. If this is a residential network with about 30% of people online at the same time at maximum then this may work well. I would also look at 1/10 CIR services, something like 8 x 1 Mbps, perhaps? The good thing is we don't have force long term contracts on our iDirect Broadband services so you can start and see how it works for you without committing to a long contract.

Hope this helps.

IP Logged

SALAH
★★

Libya
Reply #3 - May 6th, 2014 at 4:06pm  
Thanks guys  for the information  i am still looking for dedicated service with lowest price  i found  one which is 1:1  3Mbps speed with 4200$

IP Logged

Malachy
★★★

Reply #4 - May 7th, 2014 at 9:38am  
Salah,

Kindly share with me your current offer of 3Mbps 1:1 at 4200$.  I am also looking for similar services for my VoIP and my clients on WiFi

Malachy

YIM  
IP Logged

Maxim Usatov
★★★

Czech Republic
Reply #5 - May 7th, 2014 at 10:31am  
Dear Salah and Malachy,

Please contact me by e-mail (maxim.usatov at bcsatellite dot net) and I will advise what's the best we can offer. We have a VSAT solution available that would suit a 150 users WiFi network  better than a simple 3 Mbps dedicated circuit at that cost.

Max

IP Logged

SALAH
★★

Libya
Reply #6 - May 7th, 2014 at 8:16pm  
Malachy

I have sent you PM  with the details i hope that you got it and  would be my pleasure  to assist you with that

SALAH

IP Logged

VSAT in Africa
★★

Africa
Reply #7 - May 28th, 2014 at 10:55am  
Salah

We have what you want and at the correct price for you. COntact me on Emmanuel@space.co.ke

Quote:
Malachy

I have sent you PM  with the details i hope that you got it and  would be my pleasure  to assist you with that

SALAH

IP Logged

Pages: 1