Satsig logo
Satellite Broadband Forum.
Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum.  Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure.  Both service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute. Read the Forum rules.  Click Register at the bottom if you want to join.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Please guide : Linkstar training ? (Read 2754 times)
abbas89

Pakistan
Please guide : Linkstar training ?
Dec 6th, 2009 at 11:37am

Hello

We will soon have Linkstar Hub installation and I joined recently as a satcom engineer could anyone kindly guide me or provide me useful information regarding what training or course i need to do to become successful satcom engineer in my company or send me tutorials please guide me what courses should i take ccna, linux ?
« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2010 at 3:59pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

scollison

Re: Please guide : Linkstar training ?
Reply #1 - Jan 18th, 2011 at 9:25am

I'm not sure, try Firebrand Training's resources on CCNA, you'll find more information available there:- http://www.firebrandtraining.co.uk/courses/cisco/ccna_2007.asp

IP Logged

J

VSAT Engineer

Pakistan
Reply #2 - Feb 4th, 2011 at 9:31am

Dear Abbas,

I am running Linkstar Viasat Hub since 2007. Tell me which Hub you are going to install, what is the location?

You can contact me on my msn id: hussainjawwad@hotmail.com

I will try to  provide you best information.

Thank you,

Jawwad

YIM  
IP Logged

Luchsinger

Reply #3 - Oct 6th, 2011 at 4:34pm

I started as a satcom guy as well.  I would suggest you get your CCENT (or CCNA), as previously mentioned.

I would also suggest you look up how to use a SunFire server.  It's Unix based, so if you are farmiliar with the linux command structure you will have a good start.

To be honest, forums like this have been a great help to me.  Especially the Unix/Linux forums

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1

Anytime you want to order from Amazon...
If in Americas, please use the link below:

Useful links:
My latitude longitude (lat/long) finder
Email me: eric@satsig.net
Anytime you want to order from Amazon...
If in Europe, please use the link below: