Satsig logo
Satellite Broadband Forum.
Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum.  Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure.  Both service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute. Read the Forum rules.  Click Register at the bottom if you want to join.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Help please - TOPFIELD TF4000Fe (Read 1988 times)
DARREN_JAMES
Ex Member

Help please - TOPFIELD TF4000Fe
May 6th, 2006 at 11:48pm

I have the above named sky box and a huge dish with a HUMAX universal single LNB on it. Model being LNB 110, freq = 10.7 - 12.75GHz.

I am trying to set this system up for a friend of mine who has a wife and two small children from THAI LAND over here. I know this system works ok to pick up HOTBIRD (i think) as they purchased it from someone local, and it was working great then.

When I removed the dish from the wall, all I did was to unbolt the screws which held it directly to the wall, I have not moved any of the angles about now its bolted onto the new house.  I have tried to mount it in the rough same direction as before, but this time the dish is about 3 mtrs off the ground instead of just about 1 mtr.

I am all new to this stuff, Id love it if I could learn more, I have read all the info on SATSIG website but still little confused.

Ill be using a normal everyday compass with 360 degree scale on it.

Could someone give me foulproof instructions on how to turn the dish etc and what I should point it towards according to the compass.

I think I have managed to work out my LAT and LON.
LAT = 51 deg 56.3min north     =    51.939 (decimal degrees)
LON = 1 deg 3.4min east         =     1.057 (decimal degrees)

this location should be the UK LONG ROAD LAWFORD MANNINGTREE ESSEX CO11 2??.

WHAT WAY DO I NEED TO POINT THE DISH PLEASE so she can get the thai TV

Many thanks

Brill site.

Darren
« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2006 at 10:25am by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator

Dunno - Ask the Chief

Kentucky (USA)
Re: HELP PLEASE - TOPFIELD TF4000Fe
Reply #1 - May 7th, 2006 at 4:28am

This is actually a satellite internet forum. And as such I believe a website like http://www.thai-info2004.com/thaitv_free_thailand_satellite_tv.htm is probably more appropriate to your issue.

//greg//

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1

Anytime you want to order from Amazon...
If in Americas, please use the link below:

Useful links:
My latitude longitude (lat/long) finder
Email me: eric@satsig.net
Anytime you want to order from Amazon...
If in Europe, please use the link below: