Satellite Internet

Satellite Internet Forum.

Welcome, Guest.
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum. Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure. Both service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute. If you are showing as 'Guest', please register at the bottom of this home page if you wish to contribute or ask question. Read the Forum rules.
      Satellite internet forum          
Pages: 1

My VSAT Experience - Nera

(Read 1945 times)
Astrolobe
Ex Member

Jun 13th, 2006 at 7:31pm  
Bought this Nera equipment from a Company S&W communications last year after they sold me on the idea it will be the biggest thing ever.

I bought the equipment, shipped them to a South American country and from the jump of getting the thing set up, S&W had a load of excuse upon excuse followed by more excuse.

I end up calling Telenor and they direct me to another one of their dealer, skycatcher. We tried locking the sat on many occasions and it never worked. I even solicited help from this forum.  Never worked

After spending about 6 months in a foreign country and over 10k wasted, I came back home.

I finally got a reply from Telenor telling me that these systems were BETA testing and they realise that it would no longer be a viable option for them.

I want to know, am I virtually stuck with these equipment? And is there anyone I can carry to court for this inconvenience and waste of my time and money?
« Last Edit: Jul 30th, 2006 at 6:06pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Dunhill Systems
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Jul 24th, 2006 at 5:53am  
Nera sold the Satlink department to STMI
Telenor stopped with the consumer market ?
Skycatcher is doing only C/Ku systems with iDirect

So, you are probably just as stuck as us, and we have 8 of those units here, just lying for old dirt ... costing us $$$$$

We tried to contact STM already several times, but only 1x a response: "we will get back to you" and that was on July-12
« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2014 at 8:17pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1