Satellite Internet

Satellite Internet Forum.

Welcome, Guest.
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum. Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure. Both service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute. If you are showing as 'Guest', please register at the bottom of the forum home page if you wish to contribute or ask question. May 2018: GDPR: Updates to Privacy and Cookies policies: As you may know, a new EU data protection law called GDPR will apply from Friday 25th May 2018. As part of satsig's commitment to protecting the privacy of site visitors and forum members, I have therefore updated the Privacy and Cookie policies. There are now links leading to these policies: Disclaimer, Terms of Use and Privacy, Forum User Agreement, Forum Rules and Cookies at the bottom of the home page and all forum pages. Read the Forum rules.
      Satellite internet forum          
Pages: 1

Satellite internet and TV in Panama

(Read 3449 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Jun 28th, 2006 at 6:07pm  
Hi - new to the board and looking for information on selecting a good internet (and possibly TV) system to use in Cochle province of Panama. We don't have a land line currently. We use the internet for email, banking and general info gathering.

We use the house 4-5 months of the year so the ideal would be a pay as you go kind of system, if that exists.

The moveable Rgan (?) system sounded really good as we do travel a lot within Panama so if there are more comments on it I"d love to hear them.

I searched and found some discussions in 2005 - what's new? Thanks, from a keen to learn but non-techie reader.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Jun 28th, 2006 at 10:14pm  
I recommend you browse the http://datastormusers.com/ site, paying particular attention to the tripod users group.

//greg//

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 30th, 2006 at 1:30am  
Hello,

We can provide satellite internet with iDirect in Panama.  Plase contact us at info@inasol.com.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Oct 30th, 2006 at 4:33am  
looks like your least expensive bet is going to be a hughes Net tripod set up on satmex 6 which they just opened up.  Very portable and under $1500 for everything.  Data storm users is a good group for info but if you want the best price and support you should talk to barb at http://www.mobileinternetsatellite.com.  Tell her Max sent you and that you want a tripod set up with HN on satmex 6.

Good luck
« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2014 at 8:28pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1