Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Satellite internet and TV in Panama

(Read 4059 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Jun 28th, 2006 at 6:07pm  
Hi - new to the board and looking for information on selecting a good internet (and possibly TV) system to use in Cochle province of Panama. We don't have a land line currently. We use the internet for email, banking and general info gathering.

We use the house 4-5 months of the year so the ideal would be a pay as you go kind of system, if that exists.

The moveable Rgan (?) system sounded really good as we do travel a lot within Panama so if there are more comments on it I"d love to hear them.

I searched and found some discussions in 2005 - what's new? Thanks, from a keen to learn but non-techie reader.

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #1 - Jun 28th, 2006 at 10:14pm  
I recommend you browse the https://datastormusers.com/ site, paying particular attention to the tripod users group.

//greg//

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 30th, 2006 at 1:30am  
Hello,

We can provide satellite internet with iDirect in Panama.  Plase contact us at info@inasol.com.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Oct 30th, 2006 at 4:33am  
looks like your least expensive bet is going to be a hughes Net tripod set up on satmex 6 which they just opened up.  Very portable and under $1500 for everything.  Data storm users is a good group for info but if you want the best price and support you should talk to barb at https://www.mobileinternetsatellite.com.  Tell her Max sent you and that you want a tripod set up with HN on satmex 6.

Good luck
« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2014 at 8:28pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1