Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

signal re-transmit

(Read 2551 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Dec 5th, 2007 at 4:19am  
I want to install a vsat system in one location, then also provide service to another location that is approx 150 meters down and across the street.  Flat roofs, both location, expecting to put tx/rx antenna on each roof for that purpose.  Can someone point me to an equipment supplier.  I did have an address but misplaced it. 

thanks

IP Logged

satbaja
★★

Reply #1 - Dec 6th, 2007 at 4:19am  
You can install a wireless system with a Dlink, Netgear, or Linksys wireless access point and wireless access point client.  You can get 750m without special external antennas, just the antenna that comes on the wireless device is fine.  You should locate the equipment outdoors, in a weatherproof enclosure, powered with a power over ethernet (POE) device.  Dlink and Linksys sell these POEs.  The only wire you will have to run to the wireless box is a cat5e cable.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 6th, 2007 at 2:21pm  
Thanks for the reply.  Wouldn't a directional antenna on the units to help?  Will have a look at Linksys web site

IP Logged

satbaja
★★

Reply #3 - Dec 7th, 2007 at 5:59am  
Directions antennas would help if you are trying to acheive further distances or shoot through trees.

The low distance of 150 meters doesn't require anything additional.  I have reached 1 km with older equipment like dlink dwl900 ap+ or dlink dwl800 ap+

Another thing to consider - FCC regulations limit what you can connect to these wireless access points.  Adding an external antenna could exceed the limit they set. 

A nice all in one: R2T24W-15 RooTenna  Has a panel (directional) antenna, pig tail, weatherproof housing, aimable mount, and room for a wireless access point.

IP Logged

Pages: 1