Happy Christmas to you all.
Satellite Internet home page

Satellite Internet Forum.

Welcome, Guest.
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum. Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure. Both service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute. Register at the bottom of the forum home page if you wish to contribute or ask question. May 2018: GDPR: Updates to Privacy and Cookies policies: As you may know, a new EU data protection law called GDPR will apply from Friday 25th May 2018. As part of satsig's commitment to protecting the privacy of site visitors and forum members, I have therefore updated the Privacy and Cookie policies. There are now links leading to these policies: Disclaimer, Terms of Use and Privacy, Forum User Agreement, Forum Rules and Cookies at the bottom of the home page and all forum pages. Read the Forum rules.
      Satellite internet forum          
Pages: 1

internet connection in Bolivia

(Read 5406 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Feb 21st, 2008 at 2:14pm  
Hi guys,

I've been researching for months on my own until I found this forum. Can anyone help me, telling me, where to get more information about: how to get connected on a two way internet satellite here in Bolivia, for private use. I need the internet connection to read my e-mails, surfing on the internet and to use skype.

Any suggestions or comments of which equipment I need (or don´t need)  and which provider you can recommend me.

I´m planning to start a farm there and to have contact with mankind, I am dependent of satellites.
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2010 at 11:37am by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Feb 21st, 2008 at 4:08pm  
A good place to start, is right here: http://www.satsig.net/ivsat.htm. But make sure you mention VoIP to any potential provider. Some equipment types are simply incapable of providing viable phone service.

//greg//

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Feb 22nd, 2008 at 1:00pm  
Thanks Gregg, I will contact them and see what they can tell me.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Oct 28th, 2010 at 3:16am  
I can recommend the following website: http://www.viasatelital.com/buscador/
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2010 at 11:37am by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 9:20am  
We have just started a Hughes HX service for SA, I have asked our Sales department to send you details of our service.
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2010 at 11:38am by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Nov 21st, 2010 at 4:59am  
ESTA PUEDE SER UNA BUENA OPCIÓN

www.IPviaSatelite.com

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Mar 21st, 2011 at 10:41am  
For Twoway connect contact Broadsat