Home page of Satellite Internet and Information

Satellite Internet Forum.

Welcome, Guest.
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum. Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure. Both service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute. Register at the bottom of the forum home page if you wish to contribute or ask question. Read the Forum rules.
      Satellite Internet Forum : Home Page          
Pages: 1

SCPC - iDirect 5000 Modem problem

(Read 2952 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Sep 25th, 2008 at 9:40pm  
Dear all …

I had a very strange problem here so I will try to address the problem in short notes:

1-Am working on iDirect 5000 modem which working in SCPC network on a version of 7.0.5.

2-When trying to migrate from the current satellite we are using to another new one the problem began, I had
a good Lock on the satellite and even done the line up and cross poll test with the satellite provider NOC  upon
a request from the ISP himself. The problem is the TX led is not lighting ever.

3-When I tried it with another modem which is iDirect 3000 everything went fine and the site is up.

4-That’s means I don’t have any problem with my BUC, Antenna pointing or even the cables.

5-I can say that the problem could be from the modem itself but u remember I face a smeller problem with the same ISP with another 5000 modem also gives the same result but I was working on 6.9 version, when we
upgrade it to 7.0.5 at my side and on the hub side it worked fine and I get TX lock.

6-Is the problem from my side “ which I don’t believe in” or its from the ISP side “their Hub and its settings for the SPCS network”

That’s the summary for the problem so I hope to hear you comments soon.

Regards …
« Last Edit: Sep 26th, 2008 at 9:07am by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 5:10am  
maybe bad settings in the option file ?

i dont know honestly

the hub/ and isps always keep the customers in the dark as to whats going on. its an evil empire and we are its slaves!

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 9:15am  
i think its not from you , its from hub bad setting , can they see the system ??

IP Logged

Pages: 1