Home page of Satellite Internet and Information

Satellite Internet Forum.

Welcome, Guest.
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum. Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure. Both service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute. Register at the bottom of the forum home page if you wish to contribute or ask question. Read the Forum rules.
      Satellite Internet Forum : Home Page          
Pages: 1

Need help finding W6 at Speicher

(Read 1698 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Oct 14th, 2008 at 6:37pm  
Can someone help me align my dish to W6 at COB Speicher. I'm a newby and I need someone to take a look at my setup and tell me what I'm doing wrong.
I'm right next to the Gaurdian Grill on the flight line. Just look for a sign that says DRS and the two sat dishes on top of the shelter that look like someone doesn't know what they're doing. Or you can contact me at: ov_chapman@comcast.net.

Thanks

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Oct 15th, 2008 at 12:57am  
whats your knowledge level and what kind of special tools do you have. I don't know of anybody on speicher right now but if you find a 25S they will atleast have a basic knowledge of what they are doing some of them might even have a spec anny to use to help. also there are tools available on the internet to help point the dish but as far as I know its pretty hard with out a spec anny you can go off of receive signal strength on your modem but you should have a general idea of where the antenna needs to be pointed before you start paying attention to that. There are probably other people on here that could be more helpful because I always had a spec anny.

IP Logged

Pages: 1