Satellite Internet

Satellite Internet Forum.

Welcome, Guest.
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum. Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure. Both service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute. Register at the bottom of the forum home page if you wish to contribute or ask question. May 2018: GDPR: Updates to Privacy and Cookies policies: As you may know, a new EU data protection law called GDPR will apply from Friday 25th May 2018. As part of satsig's commitment to protecting the privacy of site visitors and forum members, I have therefore updated the Privacy and Cookie policies. There are now links leading to these policies: Disclaimer, Terms of Use and Privacy, Forum User Agreement, Forum Rules and Cookies at the bottom of the home page and all forum pages. Read the Forum rules.
      Satellite internet forum          
Pages: 1

linkstar going off and on

(Read 2084 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Feb 23rd, 2009 at 6:53pm  
i activated a linkstar modem and after working for sometime it went offline i.e. having only the power led on, no odu,no sat.firstly i thought it was the odu problem so i took the whole odu and idu to another site on the same network. behold i have the equipments working perfectly well for days.the i took them back to that original site connect and it worked again for sometime went off having only the power led on.i even do fresh cabling but the problem remains the same.this equipments worked at another site but on this said site they are not working okay. so what could be responsible for this problem?could it be the idu or the odu?
please i need suggestions on what to troubleshoot so to get the equipments work for meant site.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Apr 12th, 2009 at 3:06am  
i have the same problem on link star modem,what i did is that i swarp the cable and is now working perfectlly

IP Logged

Pages: 1