Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Controlling Acces to Wifi

(Read 4205 times)
2quick
★★

Mar 12th, 2009 at 2:44pm  
I will be setting up a Bentley-Walker VSAT system.  I will be using the HX50 with 2 subscriptions to the service.  If anyone could please help in a recommended setup procedure.  It will be LAN as wireless so I know that I will need 2 separate wireless routers.  What I am looking for is something like the NetManager that Bentley-Walker has.  But I am looking for another option.  My goal is to be able to monitor, restrict, control, and see the people who are connected to the network.  I am trying to make sure bandwith is fair, and possible even control certain users to certain time for the bandwidth allocation(i.e. if there are 20 people, 10 people have high bandwith allocation from time X to time Y and then the other 10 have the allocation from time Y to time X).  I would also like to be able to see who is using what bandwidth and how to make sure no one is taking it all up.  So basically I am looking for an over all network monitor/manager.  Also if it should I need to be looking at needing any type of additional firewall.  I would like for all of this this to be easily setup up and stand alone since I do not have a dedicated server computer.  Thanks for the help everyone!

IP Logged

Maxim Usatov
★★★

Czech Republic
Reply #1 - Mar 13th, 2009 at 11:07pm  
Check our BusinessCom TES here:

www.bctes.com

Freeware for less than 30 hosts.

IP Logged

alberto_lc
★★

Reply #2 - Apr 13th, 2009 at 11:19pm  
Try www.locustworld.com they a have a great open source software that does just that.
Or search for netvision type os sotware combined with a radius server that could do the trick.

IP Logged

Pages: 1