Happy Christmas to you all.
Satellite Internet home page

Satellite Internet Forum.

Welcome, Guest.
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum. Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure. Both service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute. Register at the bottom of the forum home page if you wish to contribute or ask question. May 2018: GDPR: Updates to Privacy and Cookies policies: As you may know, a new EU data protection law called GDPR will apply from Friday 25th May 2018. As part of satsig's commitment to protecting the privacy of site visitors and forum members, I have therefore updated the Privacy and Cookie policies. There are now links leading to these policies: Disclaimer, Terms of Use and Privacy, Forum User Agreement, Forum Rules and Cookies at the bottom of the home page and all forum pages. Read the Forum rules.
      Satellite internet forum          
Pages: 1

Gilat SkyStar Advantage IDU 43700 F700 info reqd

(Read 4363 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Apr 27th, 2009 at 2:27pm  
Hi,

Does someone know if the mentioned hub has the capacity to be used (even unofficially...) with other VSAT services apart the ones offered by Gilat.

I am especially interested about the possibility of using this for a VSAT (for a redundancy link .. low bandwidth) in Europe or South East Asia / India.

The fact that the following was mentioned in a datasheet caused me some doubt:
Inbound Carrier Proprietary combined TDMA and FDMA (FTDMA)
I'm not sure if other carriers do use that.

Also if someone has access to any manual or datasheets for this model, I would be really grateful.
The original link for which we used it has been disabled sometime ago and we can no longer find box/manuals/accessories.

Thank you.

Regards,

Nick

IP Logged

Pages: 1