Logo

Satellite Internet Forum.
Please note that this forum is now READ ONLY and closed for login and changes
The new forum is here Space and Satellite Communications forum

Welcome, Guest.
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum. Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure. Both service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute. Read the Forum rules.
      Satellite internet forum          

I need satellital internet advice and activation

(Read 5529 times)
dersat
Ex Member

Oct 23rd, 2009 at 2:53am  
Hi

I own a 1W Oval Hughesnet Dish .75m and Im completely lost about the orientation and activation process.

Im looking for some consultor or dealer who help me to make a good orientation and sell me an activation and off course an high speed monthly plan.

Regards!

IP Logged

USN - Retired
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Oct 23rd, 2009 at 4:26am  
You mentioned the outdoor unit; dish and transmitter. They're no good by themselves, unless/until you get a serviceable indoor unit (modem). Please advise if you're in North America. If yes, the HN9000 IDU is paired with the Ka-band ODU. If yes -  the HN7000S IDU is paired with the Ku-band ODU.

//greg//

IP Logged

dersat
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 23rd, 2009 at 1:48pm  
Hi Greg

Im in Central America. Sorry for not mentioned the modem. I have a HN7000S (new).

Can you help me with some steps to follow?

Greetings.

IP Logged

USN - Retired
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Oct 23rd, 2009 at 3:11pm  
You may have wasted your money. Generally, a 74cm dish and 1w transmitter is too small for Ku-band HughesNet in Central America. If you have the wrong outdoor unit (ODU) there's no point in going through the steps on how to set it up. I can be more specific though, if I know exactly where in Central America - your latitude/longitude would be best - and in which direction(s) you may have potential line of sight obstructions (buildings, trees, hills, mountains, etc).

//greg//

IP Logged

f1com
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Dec 9th, 2009 at 2:54pm  
Hi we offer service with our teleport in Panama , for HN , in this case for your hns7000 , but you will need at minimun 2 watts transmitter and 1.2 meters antena to get the best performance

Regards

Ronald Herrera
F1 COMPUTERS
507-9330775 office 
507-66776437 movil

IP Logged

activisys_telecom
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Dec 9th, 2009 at 9:51pm  
hi ther, just to clarify the 2 Watt is a must to be purchases with the HN7000s as the HN is not universal

IP Logged

f1com
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Dec 10th, 2009 at 3:21pm  
WE can sell to you the IDU(HNmodem ) and the ODU(buc-lnb)
Just let me know if you need more information

Ronald Herrera
ronaldh@f1computer.net

IP Logged

oela
Ex Member

Reply #7 - May 10th, 2010 at 4:56am  
hi Ronald,

i am in Suriname. I am interested. what do I need to do?

Raoel

IP Logged

douspapi
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jul 10th, 2010 at 2:26pm  
I LIVE HAITI CARAIBEAN  COUNTRY I NEED BUY  MODEM AND LNB FOR INTERNET, IF ANY ONE KNOW THE STORE CAN I  FIND GIVE ME THE ADDRESS, IF YOU KNOW THE ADRESS IN USA IS BEYHER FOR ME.
THANKS

IP Logged

douspapi
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jul 10th, 2010 at 2:28pm  
Quote:
WE can sell to you the IDU(HNmodem ) and the ODU(buc-lnb)
Just let me know if you need more information

Ronald Herrera
ronaldh@f1computer.net

I LOOKING DISH, MODEM AND LNB FOR INTERNET WHAY KID  LNB AND MODEM CAN I BUY FOR INTERNET,  TELL ME THE COST OF EQUIPMENT

IP Logged