Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

C-Band Installation without a Polarizer

(Read 6697 times)
Malachy
★★★

Oct 1st, 2010 at 6:21pm  
I received equipment from a company and one of the component missing was the polarizer. I am wondering whether it will work because in all my sites, I have been using the polarizer? The satellite is NSS10 C Band. Any advice is welcomed. Malachy Ekal.

YIM  
IP Logged

Admin1
YaBB Admin
★★★★★

Reply #1 - Oct 1st, 2010 at 8:44pm  
NSS-10 at 37.5W uses linear polarisation at C band. You don't need a polariser. Set the receive polarisation to the nominal name. Use the receive LNB rectangular waveguide as a guide.

... Vertical

... Horizontal.

Now apply the polarisation adjustment amount.

+ deg would mean 30 deg clockwise adjustment amount, as viewed with you behind the dish and facing forwards towards the satellite in the sky.+85 deg would mean 85 deg clockwise adjustment amount, as viewed with you behind the dish and facing forwards towards the satellite in the sky.

-85 deg would mean -85 deg anti-clockwise adjustment amount, as viewed with you behind the dish and facing forwards towards the satellite in the sky.

If you are exactly on the equator and face east or west, then Vertical polarisation name will become Horizontal (with a 90 deg adjustment amount applied).

Vertical polarisation is parallel to the earth's axis, so parallel to horizontal line running north-south across the ground at the equator.

Best regards, Eric.
« Last Edit: Mar 17th, 2021 at 10:22am by Admin1 »  
IP Logged

Pages: 1