Home page of Satellite Internet and Information

Satellite Internet Forum.

Welcome, Guest.
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum. Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure. Both service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute. Register at the bottom of the forum home page if you wish to contribute or ask question. Read the Forum rules.
      Satellite Internet Forum : Home Page          
Pages: 1

Idx 2.1 and martime

(Read 2242 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Jan 12th, 2011 at 3:22pm  
Hi

Does anybody had any problem while migrating from 8.x,x to IDX 2.1 for the martime environment. The problem i have is that many of my vessel fitted with Seatel 4006 the GPS updates are not working while making the remote mobile. However as soon i  move them to 8.x platform they work absolutely fine.

Regards

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Jan 12th, 2011 at 8:25pm  
Quickly check one thing.....
look at your options file
do you see
gps_device=ttyS0
or
gps_device=Socket

the latter is correct, I think in iDx 2 it defaults to ttyS0, so you may have to change that.

in iDs 8 it was Socket by default....
if not, review the whole gps section in both options files, 8 and iDx2.  see if anything else has changed.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jan 13th, 2011 at 1:15am  
What model iDirect?  How is that 4006 unit feeding GPS NMEA?  Console or GP port?  I am pretty sure the 4006 feeds on console so you will probably need a custom key on the 2.1 side of the house to use that setup.  I dont think console fed NMEA is supported in iDX 2.1 and above (would want to check with iDirect to be certain).
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2011 at 12:04pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jan 13th, 2011 at 1:07pm  
Ver 8,x

[MOBILE]
     is_mobile = 1
     tx_handshake_enabled = 0
     gps_input = 1
     latlong_interval = 40

Ver IDX2.1