Logo

Satellite Internet Forum.
Please note that this forum is now READ ONLY and closed for login and changes
The new forum is here Space and Satellite Communications forum

Welcome, Guest.
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum.  Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure.  Both service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute.  Read the Forum rules.
      Satellite internet forum          

LAN Traffic Monitoring

(Read 2666 times)
andyflower
Ex Member

Jul 13th, 2011 at 7:01am  
I've a D'link firewall DFL-800 installed on my WAN (Internet). All the clients send/receive internet traffic passes through this firewall. Where clients are connected to this firewall though various Access points (wired/wireless).
What I want is to know how to monitor this LAN traffic like who is broadcasting, whose system has virus etc and which client is occupying how much bandwidth!

I really need solution on this ASAP!

IP Logged

zg3409
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Apr 29th, 2012 at 7:27pm  
The best software to use is called Tomato USB TOASTMAN.

Best to buy a linksys E3000 router, install this software. This will then give you a GUI which shows how much each computer/IP has downloaded each day or month.

It may be compatable with your existing router, but probably not.

If you want really detailed information you need to use a comuter with two ethernet ports and monitor all traffic.

IP Logged