Logo

Satellite Internet Forum.
Please note that this forum is now READ ONLY and closed for login and changes
The new forum is here Space and Satellite Communications forum

Welcome, Guest.
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum.  Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure.  Both service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute.  Read the Forum rules.
      Satellite internet forum          

Usage on Tooway 10+

(Read 2091 times)
stuartt
Ex Member

Sep 17th, 2011 at 4:11pm  
Hi

Not sure if anyone can help with this unexplainable issue I had...

On the 1st September I have the Tooway 10+ service installed. Installation was completed around 4.30pm.

On Tuesday 6th September at 9.30am  I called Avonline, my provider to ask a couple of questions, and out of interest I asked how much of my 25GB allowance I had used... 5GB was the reply....  

This was as follows....

1st - Almost no download even though I used it until around 11pm
2nd - 2GB
3rd- Almost no download even though I used it until around 11pm
4th - 1.1GB
5th - 1.9GB
6th - Only used until 7am.. so very little..

Now, using my old ADSL my average download for a FULL MONTH is around 17GB for the last 18 months... So,

Can anyone explain why I used so much in 3 days on Tooway? I did noting any different, did not download anything big, as far as I know no updates were done...

Since going back to my ADSL, since the 6th September until now, 17th September I have done the same things and used 5.9GB inc a back up of my website which was 1.4GB..

I am convinced there was a problem with the system, but Avonline or there engineer cannot explain it, so I had no choice but to cancel my contract and have the system removed under there/the legal 7 day return policy..

I am disappointed as the ADSL service in my village is unreliable, and if I could find out why, and not get the same problem, I would love to get the system reinstalled...

Any ideas?

Stuart

IP Logged

creusetec
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Sep 17th, 2011 at 10:45pm  

IP Logged