Logo

Satellite Internet Forum.
Please note that this forum is now READ ONLY and closed for login and changes
The new forum is here Space and Satellite Communications forum

Welcome, Guest.
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum.  Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure.  Both service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute.  Read the Forum rules.
      Satellite internet forum          

Hughes dish self install

(Read 1731 times)
wychryder
Ex Member

Sep 20th, 2011 at 1:36am  
I had Hughes service in 2004. I moved and took the dish and the modem with me (I had paid for it). Then 2 years ago, a woman in Laramie, Wy gave me another set-up that she had bought for her business. She sold the building without the antenna. So, I have 2 of them. I live to far away from cable, there isn't phone (except cell and sketchy at best). I need to be able to use a computer and voip (ooma). I am a fairly intelligent guy and can't seem to find any installers locally, this is why I ask. It seems that buying another system for 400 bucks and then having them install it is a waste of money and equipment. I can put in a metal post with concrete to mount the antenna on. I can put a yo-yo on the dish and see what size it is for accuracy. I never paid much attention to it, but know it is oval and a couple of feet, maybe three. Not sure on the modems (6000 and 7000?). So, I looked at the dishes that I have. They are both 39 inches wide. There are some numbers on them that say:0185-370 rev.a  Thenit ays Directway lnb fss 10.95-12.75 Ghz  hnsp/n 103092  3-0006 rev.c Can anyone help me now? Thank you

IP Logged