Satellite Internet Forum.

Welcome, Guest.
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum. Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure. Both service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute. If you are showing as 'Guest', please register at the bottom of this home page if you wish to contribute or ask question. Read the Forum rules.
      Satellite internet forum          
Pages: 1

is SCPC_rx_errors still relavent with idx2.0 hub?

(Read 1497 times)
Ex Member

Jul 6th, 2012 at 4:12pm  
I have been using the NMS database nrd_archive.nms_remote_status_[0-5].scpc_rx_errors as an indicator of stations with down link problems due to weather, miss-pointing, bad X-Pol, over temp, etc...  In version 10 of iMonitor, reference to this column seems to be eliminated.  I have a few remotes with hundreds of these errors in the 20 second measurement interval and yet seem otherwise clean by iMonitor standards.  Testing one of those remotes revealed horrible X-Pol of about 10db isolation.  So my question: is there a better indicator of downstream performance?

A little background:  I feed this query data into a home grown cross pole analyzer.  A VB6 program takes control of an iMonitor session and feeds it keystrokes and mouse clicks and rapidly sends remotes into CW test mode while sending serial bus commands to a Tektronix 2715 Spectrum Analyzer that measures C/N of the CW carrier.  Resulting data is tabulated in a file.  All this started a year ago when my space segment provider got a complaint about interference and it took weeks to find offending remotes out of a field of 420.  They are gone now, and I have a new job, but keep working to refine the project anyway. 

John Watson
IP Logged
Pages: 1